Windows 10: Inaccessibility to any files or desktop

Discus and support Inaccessibility to any files or desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]My windows started giving blue screen error so I restarted it and when I tried to log in, it gave an error and asked to log into administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DIVYANSH BANGER, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Inaccessibility to any files or desktop

Inaccessibility to any files or desktop [​IMG]My windows started giving blue screen error so I restarted it and when I tried to log in, it gave an error and asked to log into administrator. After that its giving the error in above pic and even windows icon is not working. So can you please tell the issue associated with this and how to fix it??

:)

DIVYANSH BANGER, Aug 28, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 28, 2019
  3. pcmacd Win User
    inaccessible shared files

Thanks. That's the very first thing I did. No joy.

pcmacd, Aug 28, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Inaccessibility to any files or desktop

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Inaccessibility to any files or desktop

1. Inaccessibility to any files or desktop - Similar Threads - Inaccessibility files desktop

2. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  3. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  4. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  5. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Desktop inaccessible for user through file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop inaccessible for user through file explorer: Hello, we have a peculiar problem on our home computer. We use two accounts, and when my wife tries to access her Desktop via File Explorer, the shortcut icon is not showing in C:\Users\Username. More than that, if we try to manually input the link...
  7. Inaccessible program files and/or UAC

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible program files and/or UAC: Hello earthlings. Two questions about executables (program files). Or UAC? Or executables and UAC. I'm not sure. Is it possible to make a permanent change of an executable's process priority? If the process priority is changed by using the task manager, the change will only...
  8. Inaccessible files

Inaccessible files: After updating to W10 I get these designations on certain files. Need instructions to get the permissions changed [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-files/3aa6f551-3a42-4619-9141-3a08f4228df0
  9. inaccessible shared files

inaccessible shared files: Until recently my main computer, more or less a server, was running in W7 ULTIMATE/64 bit. It was happy, until it was not. I could access all of my files from this main machine and all of my satellites. Then, the computer was getting sluggish, so I rolled back to the...
  10. inaccessible shared files

in Windows 10 Support
    inaccessible shared files: Until recently my main computer, more or less a server, was running in W7 ULTIMATE/64 bit. It was happy, until it was not. I could access all of my files from this main machine and all of my satellites. Then, the computer was getting sluggish, so I rolled back to the...