Windows 10: Inaccessible boot device bluescreen loop after driver update - I'm completely stuck.

Discus and support Inaccessible boot device bluescreen loop after driver update - I'm completely stuck. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday, I downloaded a new driver: I did this through a software which I always used until yet everything worked fine. The Software is: "WinZip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeneUser, Feb 23, 2021.

1. BeneUser Win User

Inaccessible boot device bluescreen loop after driver update - I'm completely stuck.

Yesterday, I downloaded a new driver: I did this through a software which I always used until yet everything worked fine. The Software is: "WinZip Driver Updater". After downloading the driver I think it was a network adapter driver, not sure anymore , I restarted the PC and after that, I got that Bluescreen:

:

A problem has occurred on the device. It must be restarted. A restart is executed.

And it came along with the stopcode: INACCSESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

My Mouse wasn't showed on the screen, I couldn't interact in any way. After a few seconds, my screen turned black, and a message from the screen saying "No signal detected" came. Which always was shown if I turned my PC off.

Then the Screen stayed black. The PC looked normal. I have a little RGB Lighting. The RGB of the fans was for less then a second gone, which could be a restart, but I'm not sure.

After that I plugged the HDMI-Cabel from my Screen out and in again. I restarted the computer a couple of times trough the Power Button, with the following results:

- Either the screen stayed black

- Or the normal starting screen of the mainboard logo came, loading longer than normal and than again the bluescreen followed by the screen going to standby - the same as before.

Frustated I tried to get into the BIOS a few times, with absolutely no success, the screen showed the same things as described above.

I informed me over internet research through which I also found out, that the driver installer is legit, but also a bit mysterious: I defenitely won't use it anymore, if I get the PC back to work - the most advices said something about getting to a menu, which obviousely didn't work for me, cause I can't interact with the Bluescreen. So I got a USB stick with the windows 10 boot programm through downloading it on another PC on the official Windows Website, plugged it into my PC, started it and...

...nothing changed. Still the same as without the USB plugged in. That shocked me a bit, because this was kind of the last solution for me and I don't know what to do anymore.

Because my PC is still relatively new I built it 2 months ago with a friend, and since then everything worked completely fine., I hadn't activated Windows yet. I don't know if this plays a role. I once controlled if the firewall is included in this version, and it was. It said that everything would be fine with the virus defending.

The last Idea for me would be to plugg the SSD out and in again, but I don't know If this would change anything, and before I do that I wanted to write this message, hoping for finding help here.

On the PC there aren't that much important files, since it's quite new. My biggest priority is to get the PC work again.

Thanks for any responses in advance.

:)

BeneUser, Feb 23, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, Feb 23, 2021
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

Hi ,

I recently decided to reset my pc.. the worst idea I got.. since the reset everything went wrong and my computer is stuck in a restart loop Inaccessible boot device.

My question is how could i possibly get my laptop to work (what should i do step by step) i tried alot of things and its still not working.. i even tried to unplug the hdd it worked once and it brings me to windows 10 setup but fails at the last step of
    seting up window... what can i do ? if i replace the hdd would it work ? Im stuck..

Iwantmylaptopback, Feb 23, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Inaccessible boot device bluescreen loop after driver update - I'm completely stuck.

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after Win10 Update

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    2) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    4) Insert the flash drive into any USB port
    5) Open the BIOS and temporarily change boot order so that you can boot using the flash drive.
    6) When the iso loads choose language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    7) In the left lower corner click "repair your computer"
    8) Click troubleshoot
    9) Click command prompt
    This should open: Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>

For all of the steps please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

10) type: bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    11) This may display osdevice partition=C:
    12) type: diskpart
    13) type: list disk
    14) type: list volume
    15) look under the column heading Fs for any volume that displayed RAW instead of NTFS
    16) type: chkdsk /f /r G: (change G to the drive letter of the volume displaying RAW)
    It may display "The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt."
    This may then convert the RAW volume to NTFS.
    17) Type: exit
    18) reboot to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    19) type: bootrec /rebuildbcd
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 1
    [1] D:\Windows
    Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/ALL(A):
    20) Type: Y
    The operation completed successfully.
    X:\Windows>
    21) Type: exit
    22) reboot
    See if the inaccessible boot device problem was fixed.

If the above did not fix the inaccessible boot device the next step is to remove the recent update:
    23) Open command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    24) From the first command displaying the partition if the drive letter is different than C: please use the displayed drive letter for the next step
    25) type: DISM /image:G:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (change G to the applicable drive letter)
    26) This should remove the latest update and fix the inaccessible boot device.
    27) If this does not fix the inaccessible boot device plan a registry repair.

Report into the thread your progress with images of the above steps.

zbook, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Inaccessible boot device bluescreen loop after driver update - I'm completely stuck. - Similar Threads - Inaccessible boot device

2. I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !: Hello,I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I still don't know how to solve my problem.Whenever my laptop starts, it loads normally with the circling white dot, and then it flashes a blue screen for about a second or so, and finally my pc automatically...
  3. I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck on a Bsod loop. Error code : inaccessible boot device. Please help !: Hello,I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I still don't know how to solve my problem.Whenever my laptop starts, it loads normally with the circling white dot, and then it flashes a blue screen for about a second or so, and finally my pc automatically...
  4. Boot inaccessible after Winzip driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot inaccessible after Winzip driver update: Good evening, I've had a problem all day since downloading an obviously faulty driver through winzip, regarding NVME storage drive, which is what my windows boot drive is. It asked me to restart when the driver was installed, and would not restart - boot drive...
  5. Stuck on boot loop after updating NVIDIA driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on boot loop after updating NVIDIA driver: I own an Acer Predator Helios 300 and have just recently tried updating my NVIDIA graphics drivers. Upon installation, however, my laptop crashed and is now stuck on a boot loop! It cannot detect the issue either. I also unfortunately do not have any backups of my drive. Is...
  6. Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a infinite boot loop “thread device stuck in driver“: I thought it was the hard drive the problem at first but then i installed windows on 3 different hard drives and i am still getting the “THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRIVER” and “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” i got those error multiple times on all the hard drive and cant find a fix please...
  7. Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers

Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers: After installing drivers for my motherboard and restarting my computer, windows kept saying inaccessible boot device. Is there a way to reset the drivers or get into windows to reset the drivers?...
  8. Inaccessible Boot Device Loop

Inaccessible Boot Device Loop: This happened after I apply defaults to the bios settings. I was trying to fix something so that my GTX 1650 can work with my pc. I applied the default settings on my GT 545 and on the same card there loops of inaccessible boot device. But on the GTX 1650 nothing showed up...
  9. “Inaccessible Boot Device” and Boot Loop Problem

“Inaccessible Boot Device” and Boot Loop Problem: Hello, I apologize in advance if this is marked incorrectly. I have an ASUS ZenBook UX330UAK and encountered a blue screen with the error “Inaccessible Boot Device”. This happened while I had 2 external hard drives plugged into the laptop. I was in the middle of copying...
  10. Inaccessible Boot Device, restart loop

Inaccessible Boot Device, restart loop: [IMG][IMG]Hi there. While using my Lenovo Legion Y720 laptop today it turned off suddenly. I plugged it in and restarted it and was met with the blue screen. It then restarted and I was met with the black screen. This screen persists, even after I left it for 40 minutes...