Windows 10: Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update

Discus and support Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys! Unfortunately, I'm facing a frustrating problem with my pc. Sunday, I wanted to insert a usb stick for copying some docs on it and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by goldenknight453, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update

Hello guys! Unfortunately, I'm facing a frustrating problem with my pc. Sunday, I wanted to insert a usb stick for copying some docs on it and only heard the sound of plugging so I thought that a Restart will fix it. I went to start menu and saw it said "Update and Restart", so I pressed it thinking it is a small update or something like that. I waited for it and right after Windows loading screen dissapeared, it crashed saying that my pc ran into a problem etc. with the stop code "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" and since then I'm searching for the fix.

First of all, I have waited for the startup repair which didn't do anything, then I've got to the recovery menu. I have searched for a restore point ( I knew that I did one 1-2 months ago ), but couldn't find it. So, I discovered there is a command prompt there and started searching for fixes. I have run the "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk" commands with no results after rebooting.

Then, I inserted a DVD which I made last night ( using my laptop ) with Windows 10 Installation, because idk why that's the only way to make my USB Mouse and Keyboard working in the menu and in command prompt( I was using a PS2 Keyboard ). I went to Repair this computer and to command prompt again. On the internet I discovered the DISM command. So, I loaded the hklm/temp ... reg, I deleted the SessionsPeding ( with /v Exclusive ) and then unloaded it. I made the dir D:\temp\packages ( actually D is the Windows drive and C it's the system reserved ), then I run DISM /imageInaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update :D:\ /get-packages and it showed 2 packages, one from 9/14/2019 with the status: "Installed" and one from 9/15/2019 with the status: "Install Pending". Firstly, I removed the one that said "Install Pending" using scratchdir and remove-package and rebooted, but the same error and after that, I removed the second one using the same command, unfortunately with the same result.

My Windows version is v1903 if that helps with something...
    I know the easiest fix would be reinstalling my Windows, but I don't want that much to lose my things.
    I will really appreciate if someone can try to help me.

:)

goldenknight453, Sep 17, 2019

2. Windows BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

Ever since December after a windows update, any time I re-boot I get a BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device, and have to go back to a restore point. Currently my update log shows KB4054517 failed (0x80070643 on 12/12/17, Cum update on 1/5/18 filed then succeeded,
    and all future updates through Cum update KB4056887 on Jan 19th succeeded. Windows runs fine with no errors, but having had to go back to a restore point 6 times in the past 6 weeks, if I reboot I will get the same BSOD and have to restore again. Any suggestions
    on how to fix the inaccessible boot device error I keep getting??

LewisK_900, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update

1. Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Inaccessible Boot Device

2. BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after Windows 10/11 Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after Windows 10/11 Automatic Updates: Hello !Got some issues with Windows booting for a few days, I'll try to explain clearly everything that I've already done and what is the situation now.So, a few days ago I got a new laptop with Win10 and decided to move to Win11 with a clean install.I got the Win11 ISO on...
  3. BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after Windows 10/11 Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after Windows 10/11 Automatic Updates: Hello !Got some issues with Windows booting for a few days, I'll try to explain clearly everything that I've already done and what is the situation now.So, a few days ago I got a new laptop with Win10 and decided to move to Win11 with a clean install.I got the Win11 ISO on...
  4. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  5. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  6. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD inaccessible boot device error: A couple of days ago I got the BSOD inaccessible boot device on my Windows computer after 2 years of problem free use. My only HDD is a SSD m.2 samsung 970 evo. When I list the volumes I have 3: Volume. Ltr. Label. ... Info Volume 0 C. reserved ... Volume 1 D ... Volume 2 E...
  8. "Inaccessible boot device" BSOD after October update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Inaccessible boot device" BSOD after October update: I would consider myself a somewhat experienced PC user but don't know how to get this fixed. Hope there is an expert here who can help. I shut down my PC Win 10 64bit. It's a build 1809, I believe three days ago - Windows insisted on installing updates before shutdown....
  9. Win10 BSOD After Updates - Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 BSOD After Updates - Inaccessible Boot Device: Win10 Pro HW: Gigabyte Z5 MB, Gefore1070, EVO500 SSD Machine has been running finre for a long time. So my machine updated some stuff on the 5th sometime after midnight. Win10 Window logo comes up, white dots rotate for a bit, then BSOD: Inaccessible boot device. Safe Mode...
  10. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: Hey so i literally cant turn my pc on , i keep getting the bsod and i have tried everything , startup repair , tried repairing my pc with an usb that has windows 10 on it , tried system restore , uninstall the latest updates but i cant even uninstall them , none of them...