Windows 10: Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package.

Discus and support Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've tried posting in the techsupport sub to no luck, I hope to find it here. Original post: So I've been trying to fix my PC for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brannnnnnnn, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package.

Hey guys, I've tried posting in the techsupport sub to no luck, I hope to find it here. Original post:

So I've been trying to fix my PC for a while now, trying almost everything I can think of and find. I am positive that it is because of a windows update that occurred when I shut it down.

Next time I booted it up, it went straight into BSOD: Inaccessible Boot Device. I have no restore points, none of the repair options work. After everything I am attempting to remove a particular package: Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~19041.685.1.6

When I use "DISM /image:g:\ /remove-package /packagename:<package>" I get an error: 0x800f0825, permanent package cannot be uninstalled. I am at a loss, I cannot seem to find a solution for this. From what I've read it seems that I need an update to surpass this one but I have no idea where to go, if this is even possible.

I can only go into recovery mode and bios, safe mode does not work for me and has the same error.

I need help, please. Thank you for your time and for reading this.

submitted by /u/brannnnnnnn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brannnnnnnn, Feb 23, 2021
  2. BeverlyBD Win User

Inaccessible boot device

Unable to get past step 1 . Tried both safe mode and safe mode with networking. Goes back to Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package. :( inaccessible boot device.

BeverlyBD, Feb 23, 2021
  3. MaciejWu Win User
    BSOD "Inaccessible boot device" after update 2018.01 RollupFix~amd64~~16299.192.1.9

Hi,

I have similar problem like already described here, related with "Inaccessible boot device", but none of provided solutions worked for me. Problem is related to pending install on update 16299.192.1.9, but I can't remove this package. I have 1 SSD disk connected
    with C:\ partition where is installed Windows 10 pro and W:\ partition with BCD.

Symptoms:

• During boot BSOD "Inaccessible boot device"
    • Unable to boot in save mode
    • Unable to access desktop in any way
    • During boot no disk activity (diode is black)
    • Only windows console available

What I already tried:

• Unplugged second HDD (system is installed od SSD) and any USB devices ect.
    • In BIOS boot priority is correct
    • Diskpart list valid partitions, where C:\ is the system partition, W:\ is BCD reserved partition (restored)
    • I restored bootrecord, bootrec /fixboot -> successful
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd -> 0 installs found
    • sfc /scannow -> no problems
    • chkdsk C: /x /f /r -> no problems
    • Plugged in USB Windows recovery disk

Boot in save mode -> failed

System Restore -> failed (no restore point)

Startup Repair -> failed

System Reset -> failed (why...?)
    • reg delete "HKLM\temp\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\SessionsPending"/v Exclusive -> successful
    • DISM list package in pending-install state: Package for RollupFix~amd64~~16299.192.1.9
    • dism /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagenameInaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package. :package for RollupFix~amd64~~16299.192.1.9 /scratchdir:c:\temp\packages ->
      failed HRESULT=8000ffff

Last solution that I know is to completely delete current Windows installation and perform clean install, but I want to avoid this, and loosing personal data and hundreds of configurations ect. Also I read that this isn't 100% working, event when u disabled
    Windows update and the problem returns...

Is there any other solutions?

Is there any way to force remove update package from console?

Can anyone describe by steps how to manually create working Boot Configuration Data?

Is it sensible to override Registry do backup version?

MaciejWu, Feb 23, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package.

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package.

1. Inaccessible Boot Device. DISM unable to delete permanent package. - Similar Threads - Inaccessible Boot Device

2. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Morning/Afternoon to everyone,I have just build my new pc and installed the drivers and windows 10. Then i had to restart it for the the updates to be applied. However, while restarting on loading a blue screen came up with the following message “Inaccessible Boot Device”....
  3. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  4. inaccessible boot device

inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  5. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  6. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  7. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  8. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device: Hello. I need help. I changed the load startup items on ms config, and then it resulted to this error. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/f490d36e-50dd-43b4-a816-d4746b0b071b
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I reset my laptop Remove all files and clean the drive and after more than an hour of Resetting this PC it displayed the manufacturer's logo and then the Windows 10 logo with the loading icon beneath it. I thought it was going to restart like brand new but instead it showed a...
  10. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device: Hi. How can I fix it? I've tried to uninstall latest updates but it gives me error 0x800f082f while uninstalling. Any idea? 147703