Windows 10: Inaccessible Boot Device Error. I don't have the recovery key

Discus and support Inaccessible Boot Device Error. I don't have the recovery key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a Surface pro 6. I was installing AVG and i restarted the computer as usual after an installation but when it turned back on it showed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FranciscoBlanco2, May 18, 2019.

1. Inaccessible Boot Device Error. I don't have the recovery key

I'm using a Surface pro 6. I was installing AVG and i restarted the computer as usual after an installation but when it turned back on it showed the error "Inaccessible Boot Device Error". I've tried everything but most options need the recovery key and I don't have it. I have never had a recovery key and I didn't get one the first time I used the computer. I would like to know if:

1) is there a way to enter into bitlocker from the console and print the recovery key into a pendrive?

2) Is there any way of actually getting my recovery key from Microsoft?

2) If the only option is to reboot the computer and loose everything. Is there a way to at least enter my dropbox folder and save it on an external drive?

Any help is welcome! I was in the middle of some urgent work and the computer is all I use.

:)

FranciscoBlanco2, May 18, 2019
  2. Dlambert Win User

Inaccessible boot device

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but maybe you can have a try. Windows operating system backups a working registry for recovery purpose. You can perform registry backup restoring to fix the inaccessible boot device error. The pre-condition is that you can access to the Advanced startup opotions of your PC. You'll need to use the command prompt.
    Also, steps are a little bit complicated. However, if you follow the guide strictly, no mistake should be made. You can Google how to restore from Registry Backup, or refer to this article for help. Inaccessible Boot Device Lenovo.
    Regards.

Dlambert, May 18, 2019
  3. Sharon_rt Win User
    Inaccessible boot device

I recently got the error "inaccessible boot device" on a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition.

No updates were installed between the time it was working and now.

I made a recovery USB last year and the computer will not boot from it although I have listed it as the first boot in the setup.

Sharon_rt, May 18, 2019
  4. Inaccessible Boot Device Error. I don't have the recovery key

inaccessable boot device,

inaccessable boot device, downloading windows updates , after installed itb restated with this error, now its in a loop, can only hit f2 , that goes into main / advanced/monitor/boot/tool / don,t know what to do with that, cannot do anything else just
    an endless loop originally 8.0 had updated to 8.1 then free update to windows 10,

Infinite nF, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Inaccessible Boot Device Error. I don't have the recovery key

1. Inaccessible Boot Device Error. I don't have the recovery key - Similar Threads - Inaccessible Boot Device

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  5. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  6. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...
  7. BSOD inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD inaccessible boot device error: A couple of days ago I got the BSOD inaccessible boot device on my Windows computer after 2 years of problem free use. My only HDD is a SSD m.2 samsung 970 evo. When I list the volumes I have 3: Volume. Ltr. Label. ... Info Volume 0 C. reserved ... Volume 1 D ... Volume 2 E...
  8. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error: Hello. I am trying to start my computer, yet it keeps saying "Inaccessible Boot Device". I tried loading into BIOS and changing from AHCI to IDE. But i only have AHCI and RAID. I tried loading into safe mode. But while trying to load into safe mode. I get the same error....
  9. Inaccessible Boot Device Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device Error: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330S. I just bought it 2 months ago and after an update 3 a few days ago, it would not boot up. I get a a blue screen with a stop: inaccessible boot device message. I found some postings that show how to get to the Troubleshooting screen and Advance...
  10. Inaccessible Boot Device Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device Recovery Options: Hi Everyone, I recently powered my machine down before hitting the power on my main fuse box to carry out some electrical work. I think I may have hit the power whilst an update was in progress. As a result when I try to boot now I am getting BSOD with "inaccessible boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inaccessible boot device in the middle of working

2. windows 7 boot device inaccessible