Windows 10: "Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update

Discus and support "Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an SSD no HDD and got this BSOD when booting. Startup repair could not fix anything. I discovered that my drive was basically full so I deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilsonSebastian, Jul 24, 2020.

1. "Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update

I have an SSD no HDD and got this BSOD when booting. Startup repair could not fix anything. I discovered that my drive was basically full so I deleted around 40 GB off of it from a Windows bootable media USB. I still had the issue, so I ran chkdsk and sfc /scannow which found no problems. After following some instructions on another site whose name I can't remember, I think I did something that deleted pending windows updates or something through reg load and reg delete or something like that. Next I used DISM with some arguments I don't remember and it was able fix it I believe. My PC was working fine, I restarted and it worked fine still. Later that night when I went to turn off my PC, I saw "Update and shutdown". This made me scared but I did it and the next morning when I turned it on my monitor stopped receiving output from PC. I waited around 20 min and then turned off the PC with the button, and turned back on to have the BSOD again. Your help is very appreciated.

:)

WilsonSebastian, Jul 24, 2020

2. "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

Hi Bill,

The Inaccessible Boot Device error is usually occurring if a device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • Can you boot the PC to the desktop?
    • What update are you trying to uninstall?
    • What error message are you getting when you are trying to uninstall the update?

Since you already performed the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned in your post, we suggest performing an in-place upgrade. This
    article published by
    PaulSey provides further information on how to perform an in-place upgrade with Windows 10. In-place upgrade can repair Windows system files and can give you an option to keep your program and personal files. Check if the same issue persists
    after performing an in-place upgrade.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 26, 2020
  3. error :inaccessible boot device

hi

on the point 1 why should I boot from windows 8.1 CD/DVD ?

this problem is with windows 10 .

the error I get when I boot the system is

inaccessible boot device
    I followed the steps to run a repair ,,, and after finishing all the steps of repair the computer restart automatically and the same blue screen with the same error . I think theres no way at all to solve this problem .

jakobismail, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Ar Rom Win User

"Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update

Error inaccessible boot device

Hi,

There are certain steps that you can do to troubleshoot the Stop code: Inaccessible Boot Device that you're getting. Kindly follow the steps provided by Vanessa Sohtun on this

link
    and see it resolves your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

"Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update

1. "Inaccessible Boot Device" Stop Error Following Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Inaccessible Boot Device

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. Stop code: inaccessible boot device in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop code: inaccessible boot device in windows 10: I was installing cumulative update of win 10 pro due some electricity failure my computer shuts down and after that I can not boot in windows. It show stop code: Inaccessible boot device...
  5. Stop code: inaccessible boot device in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: inaccessible boot device in windows 10: I was installing cumulative update of win 10 pro due some electricity failure my computer shuts down and after that I can not boot in windows. It show stop code: Inaccessible boot device...
  6. Stop code: inaccessible boot device in windows 10

7. Windows 10. Stop Code: Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. Stop Code: Inaccessible boot device: Split from this thread.Stop code:INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE HELP WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stop-code-inaccessible-boot-device/3c9877df-2e51-4b1f-a507-02c981f5aad2
  8. Windows 10. Stop Code: Inaccessible boot device

Windows 10. Stop Code: Inaccessible boot device: Split from this thread.Stop code:INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE HELP WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stop-code-inaccessible-boot-device/3c9877df-2e51-4b1f-a507-02c981f5aad2
  9. Windows 10. Stop Code: Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...