Windows 10: Inaccessible boot device

Discus and support Inaccessible boot device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly, I cannot boot my Windows 10 Pro (v1903). I was fine with the new upgrade to version 1903 for a couple of weeks but for reasons I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bromberg, Jul 18, 2019.

1. bromberg Win User

Inaccessible boot device

Suddenly, I cannot boot my Windows 10 Pro (v1903).
    I was fine with the new upgrade to version 1903 for a couple of weeks but for reasons I cannot determine, I am now getting the error message: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE.
    I got into the repair menu and through DOS I issued a bootrec.exe /fixboot command but received an ACCESS IS DENIED error message.
    I used my one and only restore point and was able to get back up. But when I rebooted the same INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE message reappeared and now I have no restore points to work with (so a lesson to you all: check whether Windows is creating more than one!).

Also, I tried the usual chkdsk & sfc commands which (as usual) were useless.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Danny

:)

bromberg, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

inaccessible boot device

Ciao,

here is a list of commone causes (and resolutions) of this BSOD:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/inaccessible-boot...

Please let me know if any of those worked for you.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Dlambert Win User
    Inaccessible boot device

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but maybe you can have a try. Windows operating system backups a working registry for recovery purpose. You can perform registry backup restoring to fix the inaccessible boot device error. The pre-condition is that you can access to the Advanced startup opotions of your PC. You'll need to use the command prompt.
    Also, steps are a little bit complicated. However, if you follow the guide strictly, no mistake should be made. You can Google how to restore from Registry Backup, or refer to this article for help. Inaccessible Boot Device Lenovo.
    Regards.

Dlambert, Jul 18, 2019
  4. BeverlyBD Win User

Inaccessible boot device

Inaccessible boot device

Unable to get past step 1 . Tried both safe mode and safe mode with networking. Goes back to Inaccessible boot device :( inaccessible boot device.

BeverlyBD, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Inaccessible boot device

1. Inaccessible boot device - Similar Threads - Inaccessible boot device

2. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot Device: HELP. I open computer and the blue screen showed up and it says "inaccessible boot device" and ANY option from Troubleshoot don't work! Including: System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt and Startup Settings (I can't even open in any of the...
  3. Inaccessible Boot Device

Inaccessible Boot Device: I open computer and the blue screen showed up and it says "inaccessible boot device" and ANY option from Troubleshoot don't work! Including: System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt and Startup Settings (I can't even open in any of the Safe...
  4. inaccessible boot device

inaccessible boot device: I wanted to long in into my laptop yesterday then it failed keeping a notice saying that "You pc ran into a problem and needs to restart ". It keep on restarting by it self even now...
  5. Inaccessible boot device

Inaccessible boot device: I am getting inaccessible boot device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/ca76617a-e451-4079-960a-c69d977b426b
  6. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inaccessible Boot Device: So recently, I upgraded from 8 GB of ram to 16 GB. After installing the new ram sticks I get a blue screen that says inaccessible boot device. I then tried to switch back to the 8 GB of ram just to get the PC to boot, but now it gives me the same error. There is no way for...
  7. Inaccessible boot device

Inaccessible boot device: I recently got the error "inaccessible boot device" on a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. No updates were installed between the time it was working and now. I made a recovery USB last year and the computer will not boot from it although I have listed it as the...
  8. Inaccessible usb3 boot device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible usb3 boot device: Been working on this for weeks to no avail. I have Win 7 on on ssd and Win 10 on another ssd. I am not dual booting but switch to the drive I need in the bios. Using Casper 8.0, I clone the Win 7 and Win 10 to backup internal ssds. These internal backup drives have no issues...
  9. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible Boot Device: I ran into a problem this evening with my laptop, Lenovo B575. The laptop kept restarting because of inaccessible boot_device. I am not sure how to fix this problem. I know it's too new for everyone with Windows 10. Mine is Windows 10 64X Home Premium operating system. Before...
  10. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Sir, I had upgraded my Acer Aspire Laptop (CORE i5 - 4GB RAM) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. As it was running very slow, I decided to do a 'clean reset'. By mistake, the recovery partition also cleaned. It then went to a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a...