Windows 10: inaccessible boot device

Discus and support inaccessible boot device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My computer HP probook 6470b is stuck on a blue screen "inaccessible boot device" when I try to boot it. It happened after installing the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by missoo, Mar 9, 2020.

1. missoo Win User

inaccessible boot device

Hello,

My computer HP probook 6470b is stuck on a blue screen "inaccessible boot device" when I try to boot it.

It happened after installing the new windows update.

Unfortunately using a restoring point doesn't work...

If you are wondering, my HD SSD is working well, I made a diagnosis recently.

Is there a way to fix my issue without reinstalling windows ? I didn't save my data...

Thanks a lot !

:)

missoo, Mar 9, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, Mar 9, 2020
  4. BeverlyBD Win User

inaccessible boot device

Inaccessible boot device

Unable to get past step 1 . Tried both safe mode and safe mode with networking. Goes back to inaccessible boot device :( inaccessible boot device.

BeverlyBD, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

inaccessible boot device

1. inaccessible boot device - Similar Threads - inaccessible boot device

2. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Morning/Afternoon to everyone,I have just build my new pc and installed the drivers and windows 10. Then i had to restart it for the the updates to be applied. However, while restarting on loading a blue screen came up with the following message “Inaccessible Boot Device”....
  3. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Morning/Afternoon to everyone,I have just build my new pc and installed the drivers and windows 10. Then i had to restart it for the the updates to be applied. However, while restarting on loading a blue screen came up with the following message “Inaccessible Boot Device”....
  4. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible boot device: I cannot boot win10. I get the message 'inaccessible boot device'. I have tried recovery, repair, backing off last update and still get the error. I can boot the system off of a mirror of the drive so have ruled out the hardware other than the original SSD. The recovery...
  5. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible boot device: I am currently getting inaccessible boot device in normal boot and safe boot together and im so sad that i cant open the laptop , im going to share with you all how the problem began , i hope someone can fix it for me1 - I formated the laptop System drive via cloud reinstall...
  6. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  7. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hi, so I have been cleaning up my PC, deleting temp files. After that, I restarted my PC, and I was met with inaccessible boot device BSOD. I have tried...
  8. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device: I recently restarted my computer only to get the BSoD error "Inaccessible boot device" which put my computer in a restart loop. I did a few things and was unsuccessful in fixing the error so I did a system restore and managed to get back in. Anything I can do to properly fix...
  9. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible Boot Device: I fired up my PC yesterday morning and was welcomed by the dreaded BSOD. It told me that it had run into a problem caused by an inaccessible boot device. There are numerous help sites on the web that explain how to deal with this issue. I tried every one of them bar one and...
  10. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Hello there!!! So, recently I put a new SSD on my laptop and I have kept the old HDD one as an external drive. The SSD has Xubuntu and the HDD Windows 10 and Lite (tried to dualboot it some time ago). When I connect the old HDD I the laptop and have the Boot Manager start...