Windows 10: Inaccessible boot device

Discus and support Inaccessible boot device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated my windows 10 and for some reason during the process I lost my boot device. This has me worried since I cannot use my recovery drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MF Redsun, May 9, 2021.

1. MF Redsun Win User

Inaccessible boot device

I just updated my windows 10 and for some reason during the process I lost my boot device. This has me worried since I cannot use my recovery drive to uninstall previous updates or load into safe mode. Is there a way to recover the drive if I install it into another computer/boot from an alternate hard drive or do I need to reinstall?I find this very odd since I can access the drive fine from another computer and the software says the drive itself is fine?Any assistance would be appreciated

:)

MF Redsun, May 9, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Inaccessible boot device

This is a Microsoft link on inaccessible boot device:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...le-boot-device

It is an intermediate level link.
    There are more advanced steps that can be ran once the partition structure is known.
    There are steps for repair of the boot sector, operating system, etc.
    Sometimes this bugcheck can be caused by windows updates.

A reset save files equivalent may be able to be performed.
    Alternatively a clean install can be performed once important files are backed up.

zbook, May 9, 2021
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, May 9, 2021
  4. Dlambert Win User

Inaccessible boot device

Inaccessible boot device

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but maybe you can have a try. Windows operating system backups a working registry for recovery purpose. You can perform registry backup restoring to fix the inaccessible boot device error. The pre-condition is that you can access to the Advanced startup opotions of your PC. You'll need to use the command prompt.
    Also, steps are a little bit complicated. However, if you follow the guide strictly, no mistake should be made. You can Google how to restore from Registry Backup, or refer to this article for help. Inaccessible Boot Device Lenovo.
    Regards.

Dlambert, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Inaccessible boot device

1. Inaccessible boot device - Similar Threads - Inaccessible boot device

2. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Morning/Afternoon to everyone,I have just build my new pc and installed the drivers and windows 10. Then i had to restart it for the the updates to be applied. However, while restarting on loading a blue screen came up with the following message “Inaccessible Boot Device”....
  3. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  4. inaccessible boot device

inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  5. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  6. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  7. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  8. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device: Hello. I need help. I changed the load startup items on ms config, and then it resulted to this error. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/f490d36e-50dd-43b4-a816-d4746b0b071b
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I reset my laptop Remove all files and clean the drive and after more than an hour of Resetting this PC it displayed the manufacturer's logo and then the Windows 10 logo with the loading icon beneath it. I thought it was going to restart like brand new but instead it showed a...
  10. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device: Hi. How can I fix it? I've tried to uninstall latest updates but it gives me error 0x800f082f while uninstalling. Any idea? 147703