Windows 10: Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

Discus and support Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harrison messi, May 4, 2024.

1. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot drive so after the repair and uninstalling recent updates did not work, kept getting "could not perform action" error codes, so I decided to reinstall Windows. After loading back up and changing the boot order so I could boot from the flash drive I saw that my old drive and the only drive in the PC were still visible so I fig

:)

harrison messi, May 4, 2024
  2. h.farmani Win User

Inaccessible boot drive

After update I encountered by the error of "inaccessible boot device ". Any way I reinstalled new windows and till every things were ok. But after instal windows image which I had had on other drive, the first error of inaccessible boot device was appeared
    again. Why?!!

h.farmani, May 4, 2024
  3. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, May 4, 2024
  4. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

inaccessible boot drive

i upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10. after doing so i decided to clean install windows 10 using a dvd with an iso burned with it. i waited for about 3 hrs for the "resetting this pc 99%" then it restarted and now i have the inaccessible boot drive.

steps i did.

-changed the boot priority to cd/dvd (not working)

-changed the boot priority to usb (copied the iso to the usb)

it still isn't able to let me install windows 10 and still keeps looping on blue screen.

btw, im using dell xps studio 8100. not sure if this is important.

any help will be appreciated.

JanVincent, May 4, 2024
Thema:

Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

1. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows - Similar Threads - Inaccessible boot drive

2. Boot drive inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot drive inaccessible: I was trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Wi-fi card for my new built PC and I think I made it worse. I turned everything off and tried to swap the wi-fi card and graphics card, but figured out after uninstalling both that that wouldn’t work geometrically. I placed them...
  3. Boot drive inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot drive inaccessible: I was trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Wi-fi card for my new built PC and I think I made it worse. I turned everything off and tried to swap the wi-fi card and graphics card, but figured out after uninstalling both that that wouldn’t work geometrically. I placed them...
  4. Boot drive inaccessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Inaccessible boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot drive: I got a new laptop and attempted to put my ssd from my old one into my new one, they are both Lenovo Idea Pad 3s so i figured it would work just fine, but i cant boot from my old ssd. I keep getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE error and everything ive found on the internet...
  6. Inaccessible boot drive

Inaccessible boot drive: I got a new laptop and attempted to put my ssd from my old one into my new one, they are both Lenovo Idea Pad 3s so i figured it would work just fine, but i cant boot from my old ssd. I keep getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE error and everything ive found on the internet...
  7. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows: Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot...
  8. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows: Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot...
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE: I used the AIOMI partition tool to increase the size of my system's C drive from D drive. It said it will restart into Windows PE and make the changes. The system restarted and since then going into advanced repair screen or BSOD with "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE" Any way to...
  10. Inaccessible boot drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot drive: After update I encountered by the error of "inaccessible boot device ". Any way I reinstalled new windows and till every things were ok. But after instal windows image which I had had on other drive, the first error of inaccessible boot device was appeared again. Why?!!...