Windows 10: Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer.

Discus and support Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got a bsod inaccessible_boot_drive after i downloaded ccleaner, lost files i needed, so i thought maybe a fresh installation of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Agel., May 13, 2024.

1. Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer.

I recently got a bsod inaccessible_boot_drive after i downloaded ccleaner, lost files i needed, so i thought maybe a fresh installation of windows would help, i fresh install it, wait the 2 hours, boot it up, and i get inaccessible boot drive bsod, ive tried everything i can, ive tried fresh restarting again, doesnt work, cloud installation says unable to, sfc scannow says found and resolved problems and never resolves them because i get the sane prompt every time, dism doesnt work either, it just tells me to restart and nothing else useful to me, i tried something else people said called bc

:)

Matthew Agel., May 13, 2024
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

inaccessible boot device

Ciao,

here is a list of commone causes (and resolutions) of this BSOD:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/inaccessible-boot...

Please let me know if any of those worked for you.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, May 13, 2024
  3. BSOD inaccessible boot device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving inaccessible boot device BSOD on the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to boot the PC to Safe Mode?

Meanwhile, let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if we can fix the issue.

Rebuild BCD:

You can try rebuilding the BCD file manually and see if the PC boots fine.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the
      media.
    2. On the initial setup screen, select the language and other
      preferences and click on Next. (If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
    3. Now, click on Repair your computer.
    4. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    5. Now type in the commands and hit Enter:

BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    6. Restart the PC.

Rebuild BCD Store:

I would suggest you to export and delete the BCD store and rebuild the BCD store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the
      media.
    2. On the initial setup screen, select the language and other
      preferences and click on Next. (If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
    3. Now, click on Repair your computer.
    4. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    5. Now type in the commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h –r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 13, 2024
  4. Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer.

Kapil Arya MVP, May 13, 2024
Thema:

Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer.

1. Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer. - Similar Threads - Inaccessible boot drive

2. Boot drive inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot drive inaccessible: I was trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Wi-fi card for my new built PC and I think I made it worse. I turned everything off and tried to swap the wi-fi card and graphics card, but figured out after uninstalling both that that wouldn’t work geometrically. I placed them...
  3. Boot drive inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot drive inaccessible: I was trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Wi-fi card for my new built PC and I think I made it worse. I turned everything off and tried to swap the wi-fi card and graphics card, but figured out after uninstalling both that that wouldn’t work geometrically. I placed them...
  4. Boot drive inaccessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Inaccessible boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot drive: I got a new laptop and attempted to put my ssd from my old one into my new one, they are both Lenovo Idea Pad 3s so i figured it would work just fine, but i cant boot from my old ssd. I keep getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE error and everything ive found on the internet...
  6. Inaccessible boot drive

Inaccessible boot drive: I got a new laptop and attempted to put my ssd from my old one into my new one, they are both Lenovo Idea Pad 3s so i figured it would work just fine, but i cant boot from my old ssd. I keep getting the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE error and everything ive found on the internet...
  7. Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer.

Inaccessible boot drive bsod wont let me boot up my computer.: I recently got a bsod inaccessible_boot_drive after i downloaded ccleaner, lost files i needed, so i thought maybe a fresh installation of windows would help, i fresh install it, wait the 2 hours, boot it up, and i get inaccessible boot drive bsod, ive tried everything i can,...
  8. Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop: My latop Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming 15IHU6 after installing a bios update won't let me turn on my computer and keeps reaching the blue screen aith the error code "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" or the automatic repair screen. In the automatic repair screen many things don't work such...
  9. Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop

Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop: My latop Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming 15IHU6 after installing a bios update won't let me turn on my computer and keeps reaching the blue screen aith the error code "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" or the automatic repair screen. In the automatic repair screen many things don't work such...
  10. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE: I used the AIOMI partition tool to increase the size of my system's C drive from D drive. It said it will restart into Windows PE and make the changes. The system restarted and since then going into advanced repair screen or BSOD with "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE" Any way to...