Windows 10: Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar

Discus and support Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday my Sound Icon was appearing with a red "X" Icon. So I wondered. I have sound, but I ran the troubleshooter and it said my sound was disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StillOkie, Oct 29, 2018.

1. StillOkie Win User

Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar

Yesterday my Sound Icon was appearing with a red "X" Icon. So I wondered. I have sound, but I ran the troubleshooter and it said my sound was disabled because of failure to install the Endpoint. Well, I checked logs in event viewer. And no failure to install was present. So the troubleshooter was mis-identifying such.

Today the Icon appears without the red X.

Today my Network Icon has a red X. See image. Clearly this is not the case.

What up Microsoft?

:)

StillOkie, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar

1. Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Inaccurate ICONS Taskbar

2. taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icons: I have my icons looks like white folder in my taskbar. When I click those icons it will open the app but sometimes I will misclick the app that I need since it is all the same white folder. I need to get my icon image back....
  3. taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icons: I have my icons looks like white folder in my taskbar. When I click those icons it will open the app but sometimes I will misclick the app that I need since it is all the same white folder. I need to get my icon image back....
  4. Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed: Hello,I am using a 1GBPS up/down connection, and i am currently downloading something and it downloads at 10-30mb/s and i understand thats probably the limit from the source. However i do not understand why the taskmanager says i am downloading 100mbps in the performance tap...
  5. Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed: Hello,I am using a 1GBPS up/down connection, and i am currently downloading something and it downloads at 10-30mb/s and i understand thats probably the limit from the source. However i do not understand why the taskmanager says i am downloading 100mbps in the performance tap...
  6. Task Manager inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager inaccurate?: Hi I'm currently troubleshooting a Win10 laptop with an extremely slow startup and using Task Manger to see what's using the resources. Now according to Task Manager/Processes the disk is running at 99% but in the list there's less than 3Mb in use! So how is it giving me...
  7. No taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No taskbar icons: Window task bar icons were not visible after window update installation. After which i restarted my Dell Inspiron laptop with safe mode. ( Task manager>files>msconfig.exe) After which window restarted in safe mode and i am unable to login with my pin password or account...
  8. taskbar icons

taskbar icons: How do I make the icons on the taskbar LARGE in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/49d66daa-547e-4bc8-b41d-6b6469340fe5
  9. Taskbar icons

Taskbar icons: after the latest windows 10 update my power icon has greyed out, my sound icon no longer responds and my eject icon has disappeared from the taskbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/4407b212-f0bb-4b50-a854-1bd57a753a8a
  10. Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon: How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636