Windows 10: Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

Discus and support Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For example, I highlight a word and as I move toward the next, I cannot highlight a letter or two, it grabs the entire word. It's like the highlight... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bamashooter, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

For example, I highlight a word and as I move toward the next, I cannot highlight a letter or two, it grabs the entire word. It's like the highlight color is moving in chunks or snapping to a grid. I checked and changed a couple of mouse settings and it did nothing. I launched Chrome and I was able to have the smooth precise highlighting I've always had prior to using Edge. I'm wanting to give Edge a good chance but it seems to be greatly lacking. Any solutions for the highlighting issue will be greatly appreciated. For the moment I can live with the other Edge issues. Thanks.

:)

bamashooter, Aug 21, 2015

2. microsoft edge cant highlight and copy text on my windows mobile

my edge browser only highlight and copy all text both in the url adress bar and pages i cant highlight and copy jux few texts

zulqarnayni, Aug 21, 2015
  3. pcitis Win User
    possible virus?

I recently purchased a new laptop w/w10 because my old one w/w7hp started autoselecting and highlighting text along with the insertion mark jumping back into letters already typed. on the second day of use my new laptop started highlighting text that I was
    nowhere near and no the click-lock function is not turned on. I use ie and bing on frontier. does anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

pcitis, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

Baseline:
    Will not highlight individual text characters in Edge, yet will "deselect" individual characters.
    Works fine in Chrome.

Update:
    Works fine in Open Office (I don't have Word)
    Works fine in Windows Notepad.
    Works fine in Edge's address bar.*Confused
    Same problem with downloaded .pdf files.
    Same problem in Explorer.

I believe I have no other text-related apps to test.

bamashooter, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Just got off the phone with a Microsoft technician. He remoted in and told me (my words), "see, it's working properly" as he highlighted words. I told him it wasn't because he couldn't highlight individual characters. He messed around a bit away from the computer and came back on the phone telling me that's how it's designed for Edge. I told him it also happens with PDFs and Explorer. He stood fast by "that's how it's designed". I commented that it may have ended up that way however I had doubts as to it being intentionally designed that way. I asked if I could look forward to a future update which would correct the problem. He said he didn't know, he was only a technician. We parted ways. Does everyone have this issue? Thanks.

bamashooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

1. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge - Similar Threads - Inaccurate Text Highlighting

2. scrolling whilst highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    scrolling whilst highlighting text: Whenever I highlight e piece of text ready to copy it and it runs of the bottom of the page, The browser wont scroll for me when I drag my cursor to the bottom of the page. Its very frustrating because other programs are not doing it either. please help...
  3. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  4. Highlighting of text does not work reliably

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting of text does not work reliably: This topic was explained at length in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-of-text-does-not-work-correctly/a1fdf1ac-b2e4-401d-9153-524c6d3b3366 I am having the same problem but I did not see any solutions in that message thread. NGeti...
  5. Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-nafta-deal-in-trouble-bruised-by-elections-tariff-rows/ar-BBVHrsO?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartanntp < ( not advertisng for Microsoft,I search for news there daily as a rule, but I was trying to highlight text on that page- and it refused ,...
  6. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...
  7. Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlighter not working on Microsoft Edge: I used to be able to open a PDF file in Microsoft Edge and highlight the necessary parts of the document. But something has changed and now I cannot highlight the part of the document. When I click on the highlighter nothing happens. I have an HP Envy pc/tablet. Neither pen...
  8. Highlighting documents/ texts

Highlighting documents/ texts: Hi Somehow my setting got changed and I am now NOT able to hightlight text. I use the left click and the mouse pad on my laptop won't move to highlight. What to do?...
  9. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.: While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any...
  10. Title Bar Text Gets Highlighted

in Windows 10 Support
    Title Bar Text Gets Highlighted: I don't know how or why this annoying problem started but every title bar of Apps which I am using gets highlighted, like this: [img] I don't remember to have put any customization on top of vanilla Windows 10. The problem is better described by this: [img] As...