Windows 10: Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

Discus and support Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For example, I highlight a word and as I move toward the next, I cannot highlight a letter or two, it grabs the entire word. It's like the highlight... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bamashooter, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

For example, I highlight a word and as I move toward the next, I cannot highlight a letter or two, it grabs the entire word. It's like the highlight color is moving in chunks or snapping to a grid. I checked and changed a couple of mouse settings and it did nothing. I launched Chrome and I was able to have the smooth precise highlighting I've always had prior to using Edge. I'm wanting to give Edge a good chance but it seems to be greatly lacking. Any solutions for the highlighting issue will be greatly appreciated. For the moment I can live with the other Edge issues. Thanks.

:)

bamashooter, Aug 21, 2015

2. microsoft edge cant highlight and copy text on my windows mobile

my edge browser only highlight and copy all text both in the url adress bar and pages i cant highlight and copy jux few texts

zulqarnayni, Aug 21, 2015
  3. pcitis Win User
    possible virus?

I recently purchased a new laptop w/w10 because my old one w/w7hp started autoselecting and highlighting text along with the insertion mark jumping back into letters already typed. on the second day of use my new laptop started highlighting text that I was
    nowhere near and no the click-lock function is not turned on. I use ie and bing on frontier. does anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

pcitis, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

Baseline:
    Will not highlight individual text characters in Edge, yet will "deselect" individual characters.
    Works fine in Chrome.

Update:
    Works fine in Open Office (I don't have Word)
    Works fine in Windows Notepad.
    Works fine in Edge's address bar.*Confused
    Same problem with downloaded .pdf files.
    Same problem in Explorer.

I believe I have no other text-related apps to test.

bamashooter, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Just got off the phone with a Microsoft technician. He remoted in and told me (my words), "see, it's working properly" as he highlighted words. I told him it wasn't because he couldn't highlight individual characters. He messed around a bit away from the computer and came back on the phone telling me that's how it's designed for Edge. I told him it also happens with PDFs and Explorer. He stood fast by "that's how it's designed". I commented that it may have ended up that way however I had doubts as to it being intentionally designed that way. I asked if I could look forward to a future update which would correct the problem. He said he didn't know, he was only a technician. We parted ways. Does everyone have this issue? Thanks.

bamashooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge

1. Inaccurate Text Highlighting w/ Edge - Similar Threads - Inaccurate Text Highlighting

2. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key highlights text: Simple one I can’t find an awnser to when ever I press the W key on my keyboard instead of typing W it left clicks it doesn’t happen with any other key besides w and the only way to make it work normally is if I hold down the FN key is there a way to revert it?...
  3. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W key highlights text: Simple one I can’t find an awnser to when ever I press the W key on my keyboard instead of typing W it left clicks it doesn’t happen with any other key besides w and the only way to make it work normally is if I hold down the FN key is there a way to revert it?...
  4. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  6. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  7. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  8. Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge brings a PDF highlighter feature that helps to highlight PDF text with any of the four colors: Light Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink. […] This article Text Highlighter not working in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still happening, Edge refuses to highlight text sometimes: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-nafta-deal-in-trouble-bruised-by-elections-tariff-rows/ar-BBVHrsO?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartanntp < ( not advertisng for Microsoft,I search for news there daily as a rule, but I was trying to highlight text on that page- and it refused ,...
  10. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge adress bar highlight color