Windows 10: Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

Discus and support Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a major issue with my Asus laptop after trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. After entering the bios and disabling fast boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George CIORNEI 118970, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

Hello, I am having a major issue with my Asus laptop after trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. After entering the bios and disabling fast boot and enabling the secure boot things, when I tried to boot, it gave me the Inaccessible boot device error. I have tried absolutely everything for the past 6 hours including any Cmd command WITH a win 11 media usb plugged in. Nothing works. My last option is to try to recover the data from the ssd as I don't want to lose that. But I was wondering if you guys have any other clues as to why this might happen.I tried opening notepad.exe in the command

:)

George CIORNEI 118970, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 18, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

How to Enable Secure Boot on asus prime x470-pro

Hi, I'm Elise, and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

There is a very detailed guide here which provided step by steps instructions on how to enable this:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-secur...

I would suggest ensuring you have a backup of any important data before you start this process.

If you are still not able to enable this, there is also a method to install Windows 11 on ‘unsupported hardware’, this would allow you to bypass the requirement for secure boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ins...

Kind Regards,

Elise

EliseM_456, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

1. Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot - Similar Threads - Inacessible boot device

2. Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inacessible boot device after enabling secure boot: Hello, I am having a major issue with my Asus laptop after trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. After entering the bios and disabling fast boot and enabling the secure boot things, when I tried to boot, it gave me the Inaccessible boot device error. I have tried...
  3. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  4. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot: I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu....
  5. Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot

Re-enable secure boot after dualing boot: I just finish dual booting my computer with windows 11 and Ubuntu 20.04. In order to dual boot I had to disable secure boot, and now that I'm done with the installation process i was wondering if a can enable secure boot again or if that will not let me initiate Ubuntu....
  6. Enable Secure boot

Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  7. Enable Secure Boot on Windows device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure Boot on Windows device: Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that a device boots using only software that is trusted by the original equipment manufacturer OEM. Your organization's device management policies might require you to enable it...
  8. Enable Secure Boot on Windows device

Enable Secure Boot on Windows device: Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that a device boots using only software that is trusted by the original equipment manufacturer OEM. Your organization's device management policies might require you to enable it...
  9. Inacessible boot device after update march 23

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inacessible boot device after update march 23: To start I'd like to say that im not very good with my computer so forgive me if i make silly mistakes but ive tried following most other guides for this problem. The drive letter that has windows in it is E: The last thing i remember before this happened was 2 pending...
  10. Inacessible Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Inacessible Boot Drive: After windows 10 installed a new update samsung magician said rapid mode was incompatible or something and to uninstall and then reinstall it. So I did and now I get the message INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE. Ive tried a few things such as starting the computer in safe mode,...