Windows 10: Inacessible_boot_device after update march 23

Discus and support Inacessible_boot_device after update march 23 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To start I'd like to say that im not very good with my computer so forgive me if i make silly mistakes but ive tried following most other guides for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KomrelHasen, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Inacessible_boot_device after update march 23

To start I'd like to say that im not very good with my computer so forgive me if i make silly mistakes but ive tried following most other guides for this problem. The drive letter that has windows in it is E:

The last thing i remember before this happened was 2 pending restart windows updates and one 0% downloaded one so that could be the cause.

Here are the solutions i found online that didn't help:

1 ive ran e chkdsk /f /r e: and it didnt find any problems

2 I've followed the steps for something to do with regback copying but when i used "dir" in the windows/system32/config/regback it doesnt show anything.

3 ive tried booting into all three safe modes with startup settings but the same restart error happens. I tried the other things in startup settings like disable anti malware at startup, disable driver enforcement and enable debugging to no avail

4 i have tried system restore which didnt help. I have a restore point the day before it happened

5 I've tried dism restore and scan health which didn't work. Also the dism code to get packages where i tried deleting the most recent update using dism remove package but it returned with the error code: 14081 the referenced assembly could not be found. I saw some /online ones that gave the error code 50 so i cant delete any updates. The most recent was one from the 11th of march, 12 days prior

6 Ive tried startup repair in the troubleshooting menu. It said something about e:windows/system32/logfiles/srt/SrtTrail.txt which i can find using cmd. I dont have a logfiles directory in system32.

7 something like"bootrec/fixboot" said it was comeplete successfully after using bootsect/nt60 sys to pass the access denied part but still no luck

8 i had resorted to resetting the pc with my files intact but it changed its mind.

9 there was a folder in windows called esd which had a windows 10 setup. I used cmd to start it and it opened. There was no option to repair like i saw in other tutorials. I didnt know my product key so i clicked i forgot and it gave an optin to upgrade windows instead of a fresh download so i picked that but it said that i cant do it from cmd or something along the lines

I have another laptop which is a decade and 1/2 old vista. I tried looking for the media creation tool but it only let me download the iso file to update. I put it on a usb and plugged it into the looping pc but it couldn't mount it from cmd.

I've been stuck doing all this for 4 days so far it has really been stressful. I do not know what else to try but im willing to reset if necessary, I'd just have to backup everything which would require a 500 gig external hd. I know you can copy over things in cmd using robocopy i think but im not sure if it will take hidden folders like appdata for my chrome bookmarks and save data like google docs offline. If you know the answer a reply would be very much appreciated

Thank you for taking the time to read through this

:)

KomrelHasen, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2003 build 12624.20296 - March 23

UPDATE 3/25: Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2003 build 12624.20320 - March 25

Source:
    Latest Office Updates for Windows

Change the update channel after you enable Office 365 clients to receive updates from Configuration Manager

Brink, Mar 27, 2020
  3. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Inacessible_boot_device after update march 23

Pink hue to screen after March 23 Update

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The KB3140741 is update Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1511: March 22, 2016.

• Were you able to view this update under "View installed updates" section?
    • Do you receive any error message when you right click to uninstall the same update?
    • Which security software is installed in the computer?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot state to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 2: Disable the security software and check

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Inacessible_boot_device after update march 23

1. Inacessible_boot_device after update march 23 - Similar Threads - Inacessible_boot_device update march

2. Latest windows update March/23 caused stopcode: KMODE EXCEMPTION NOT HANDLED - I'm stuck in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update March/23 caused stopcode: KMODE EXCEMPTION NOT HANDLED - I'm stuck in...: I have a laptop running Windows 10. After a few days away, I opened my laptop yesterday and saw that Windows needed to update it was up to date prior to this latest update. I started the update. The update proceeded for a while, then this message appeared: "Recovery. It looks...
  3. Windows 10 hang after long time idle 23 march

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hang after long time idle 23 march: Hi Pc:108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD Drivers 461.72 I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so...
  4. Watch OnePlus 9 Series Launch Event on March 23, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    Watch OnePlus 9 Series Launch Event on March 23, 2021: [media] The next giant leap in smartphone experiences is on the horizon. See the https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/oneplus9series March 23! Today marks the launch of our greatest flagship series yet, tune in at 10 AM EDT / 2 PM GMT / 7:30 PM IST to be a part of it....
  5. Microsoft Launcher beta 6.210302.0.953721 version for Android March 23

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher beta 6.210302.0.953721 version for Android March 23: With Microsoft Launcher provides a new home screen experience that allows you to seamlessly transition between your Android phone and your PC. Microsoft Launcher makes it easy to continue viewing photos or documents on your PC, empowering you to be more productive across all...
  6. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after March 2021 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after March 2021 update: After installing March 2021 update I get bsod every 10-15 minutes. Mini dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkboClbeWKWpeKFS6la5vkX0QaY?e=eHsb2l For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`5eff5c50 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx...
  7. BSOD after March cumulative update

BSOD after March cumulative update: Sir, after March cumulative up date in my system BSOD problem arise and system give a stop code. ie., "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION". my system is 64 bit Operating system and I used adobe acrobat - 32bit please help...
  8. Watch Windows Insider Webcast on March 23, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Windows Insider Webcast on March 23, 2021: Windows Insiders, save the date for our next #WIPWebcast, coming later this month! ️ March 23, 5 PM UTC | 10 AM PDT Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter 175418
  9. Inacessible boot device after update march 23

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inacessible boot device after update march 23: To start I'd like to say that im not very good with my computer so forgive me if i make silly mistakes but ive tried following most other guides for this problem. The drive letter that has windows in it is E: The last thing i remember before this happened was 2 pending...
  10. March update

March update: After the recent March update a banner has appeared at the top of the page when selecting Settings. This says my updates need attention but when I look at that all appears well! Is this a bug or do I need to do anything, or just ignore it? No urgency just wondering if anyone...