Windows 10: Inactivate Windows 10 Home key for another laptop

Discus and support Inactivate Windows 10 Home key for another laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, couple of years ago, I bought a Windows 10 Home license for a laptop home. This laptop is obsolete now, so I inactivated the key from this laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PhilippeKB, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Inactivate Windows 10 Home key for another laptop

Hi,

couple of years ago, I bought a Windows 10 Home license for a laptop home.

This laptop is obsolete now, so I inactivated the key from this laptop and got rid of it. But I would like to be able to use it on another computer in the future.

Is there a Microsoft registry existing online so I could inactivate it there and be able to use the key later?

Thanks,

Philippe

:)

PhilippeKB, Aug 5, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Inactivate Windows 10 Home key for another laptop

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Inactivate Windows 10 Home key for another laptop

1. Inactivate Windows 10 Home key for another laptop - Similar Threads - Inactivate Home key

2. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop: HiI had a Old HP pavilion dv5 1215ee, Now its died about 2years. Now I want to activate another Windows 10 laptop with Vista Product Key. So can I Do with that? Also I had died Toshiba satellite c660 with Windows 7 Home Basic OA MEA Product key. Can I activate anyone ?...
  3. Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring A Old Windows Vista Laptop Product Key to another Windows 10 Laptop: HiI had a Old HP pavilion dv5 1215ee, Now its died about 2years. Now I want to activate another Windows 10 laptop with Vista Product Key. So can I Do with that? Also I had died Toshiba satellite c660 with Windows 7 Home Basic OA MEA Product key. Can I activate anyone ?...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  6. USE OF inactivated WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    USE OF inactivated WINDOWS 10: CAN SABRIMSM use the windows 10 inactivated state . he can't buy it . does he doing any theft ?and want to know that he used the windows 10 and pervious windows pirated before. So he want to apologize for these criminal acts. Microsoft want to fine him or they can forgive him...
  7. Connecting to another laptop at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to another laptop at home: Hi Im trying to connect my laptop to my husbands laptop as we keep duplicating documents so would prefer to share. How do I do this? Thanks in advance...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home: Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my...
  9. Possible to upgrade inactivated windows 10 home to windows 10 pro through usb without...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade inactivated windows 10 home to windows 10 pro through usb without...: Accidentally purchased a code for w10 pro, not home, and i was trying to activate my windows. Is there anyway for me to be able to upgrade my current inactivated version of windows 10 home to pro through a usb like the media creation tool without having to completely back up...
  10. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...