Windows 10: Inactive disc drive on Window 10 laptop

Discus and support Inactive disc drive on Window 10 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get a driver to activate my disc drive on my Windows 10 laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carlos30TX, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Inactive disc drive on Window 10 laptop

How do I get a driver to activate my disc drive on my Windows 10 laptop?

:)

Carlos30TX, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Inactive disc drive on Window 10 laptop

Delta6326, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Inactive disc drive on Window 10 laptop

1. Inactive disc drive on Window 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Inactive disc drive

2. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc: Hi! I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10. The emulator is working perfectly, the only issue is that when attempting to install the games through windows xp, I insert...
  3. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  4. Unknown Disc Drive

Unknown Disc Drive: Using File Explorer I noticed that I had a disc drive indicated as 'USB Drive (F:)' This puzzled me as I don't have any USB drives connected; neither are there any card reader slots which may have been a reason. I checked, via Administrative Tools/Computer Management, and...
  5. Disc Drive issue.

Disc Drive issue.: I really want to install and play Zoo Tycoon 2 and the expansion packs but the problem is that the disc drive on my computer (a Lenovo thinkpad 320) is either too much small for the disk to fit on or the disk is too big and I really want to play the game again since I own it...
  6. view all disc drives Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    view all disc drives Windows 10: How do I view all disc drives (including Scan Disc on HP printer) - Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/view-all-disc-drives-windows-10/51009190-f65f-4b8f-b4be-55c7cb52312d
  7. Disc drive doesn't work on Windows 10

Disc drive doesn't work on Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few months ago. Yesterday the disc drive stopped working. I put in a disc I had made which contained various data, mostly text. When I clicked the D recovery drive nothing happened. In the past I would see a list of the videos on the...
  8. Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive

Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive: After installing Windows 10 (I had 7 before), my computer does not recognize the D: Drive at all. I have a Lenovo H410 Desktop (Lenovo Windows 7PC). My scans show that all my drivers are updated, but there does not seem to be a driver for the disc drive. Is that what...
  9. Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop unresponsive after inactivity: I recently replaced my HDD (I was getting BSOD errors, etc.) Computer runs great now, except every now and then, when I come back after it's been sitting for 15-20 minutes (sometimes as much as several hours), the screen is black, and I can't wake it up. The only way to...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 inactive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 inactive: So I'm trying to upgrade to win10 from a fresh install of windows 7. All I have installed are the Ethernet drivers. It's been about 30 minutes or so at 3% copying files and 0% total. I am installing from a USB configured with the media tool given by Microsoft. My case's hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to inactive the disk drives in laptop