Windows 10: Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

Discus and support Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems after about a few minutes of not pressing any buttons, as if I was watching something for a while, that when I then after press a key to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Atlantic Dragon, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

It seems after about a few minutes of not pressing any buttons, as if I was watching something for a while, that when I then after press a key to do anything, what ever key I press just doesn't do anything, then if I press it again it will do what I want it to do. It's like my computer has an idle timer that disables my key board until I press a key to wake it up. I don't want this because it is super annoying that the key I press doesn't do anything and I have to press it again. I don't know what is controlling this whether it be my keyboard software or windows. How do I turn it off?

:)

Atlantic Dragon, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again. ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2:

DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue that you are facing can be due to your keyboard driver. I would suggest that you check your driver, if it is updated. If not you can visit your manufactures website and download it manually.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of the drivers.

• Click on “Start” button located on your computer screen.
    • Type “Device Manager”, a window will open and in the navigation pane search for “Keyboard”, then right click to check the detail regarding the driver.
    The next step is to Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Windows 10 Drivers for it > Download/install
    them.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

1. Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again. - Similar Threads - Inactive timer keyboard

2. Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again: It's not my keyboard being dirty but it doesn't recognize that I let go the key go and never will until I press it again I think I happens more often when my computer is under stress I think but I might be wrong and I recently found out I can cause it to happen on demand by...
  3. Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again: It's not my keyboard being dirty but it doesn't recognize that I let go the key go and never will until I press it again I think I happens more often when my computer is under stress I think but I might be wrong and I recently found out I can cause it to happen on demand by...
  4. When i play certain games and i press any button that is not the arrow keys, it makes the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i play certain games and i press any button that is not the arrow keys, it makes the...: I've tried restarting my computer. At first it worked but now it dose not. There is no error message, It just makes a sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-play-certain-games-and-i-press-any-button/c3be9e90-b884-4daa-aadd-f90c944caf5a
  5. When i play certain games and i press any button that is not the arrow keys, it makes the...

When i play certain games and i press any button that is not the arrow keys, it makes the...: I've tried restarting my computer. At first it worked but now it dose not. There is no error message, It just makes a sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-play-certain-games-and-i-press-any-button/c3be9e90-b884-4daa-aadd-f90c944caf5a
  6. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  7. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  8. Microsoft bluetooth mouse! The bluetooth button do nothing when i press in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft bluetooth mouse! The bluetooth button do nothing when i press in: The led is always on! I can't turn off the mouse and i can't connect it to my pc because i can't go in bind mode with the press 5 seconds bluetooth button... It does nothing i don't know why......
  9. When I press any button on my keyboard on hold it down, it keeps pressing the same button...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press any button on my keyboard on hold it down, it keeps pressing the same button...: [IMG] submitted by /u/JokerQuin123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga62tt/when_i_press_any_button_on_my_keyboard_on_hold_it/
  10. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts if I press any keyboard button: When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of...