Windows 10: Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

Discus and support Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a new mouse, and this function in the Windows 10 setting is still not working, I tried my old mouse again to be sure and the same thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MorganWilson1, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

I just bought a new mouse, and this function in the Windows 10 setting is still not working, I tried my old mouse again to be sure and the same thing happens.

Settings>Mouse> Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them > On

I have two Excel books open, one on each of 2 external monitors, when I move the mouse across from one window to the other, I must click to make the other window active before the mouse can scroll that workbook.

I have already installed the bootcamp drivers, for the magic mouse the new mouse, but the problem exist still with the old mouse as well microsoft mouse PNX941233-003

:)

MorganWilson1, Feb 12, 2020
  2. TonyL276 Win User

Inactive window doesn't scroll when mouse is hovering on it

Note: I'm using a Chinese system, so the translations might not be 100% accurate.

There's an option in mouse section of Settings in Windows 10: scroll an inactive window when I'm hovering on it. I have it on, yet nothing is changed when I have it on: It always scrolls the active window even when my cursor is hovering on the inactive one.
    When multitasking, it would be helpful to have this function. Used Mac OS for a long time, the inactive window scrolling works like a charm. Tried this problem on multiple Win 10 PCs, ends up all the same. so I'm guessing this is a system issue.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

TonyL276, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Scroll While Hovering Over Inactive Window

As a workaround, please try the steps below to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse:

• Press Windows key+X, then select Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access, click Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Explore all settings, click Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, check Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse.

Note: Since the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" feature doesn't work in Windows 10 Version 1607, please visit our
    Microsoft Feedback Hub to send your valuable feedback to us.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

Arc Touch Mouse Not Scrolling

Hello Norman,

The Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them option might have been turned off that is why you cannot use the scroll pads. Kindly check if that option is turned off. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, then select Mouse.
    • Check if the Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them is turned off. If so, turn that option on.

If the issue persists, kindly uninstall the Arc Touch Mouse driver for the , then reinstall it.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

1. Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it - Similar Threads - Inactive window doesn't

2. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept: Hi ExpertsRunning Windows 10 20H2 I have some issues with the mouse settings and the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" option. When I enable the option it works fine until I restart the computer - then it toggles off again. I have searched some other forums that...
  3. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept: Hi ExpertsRunning Windows 10 20H2 I have some issues with the mouse settings and the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" option. When I enable the option it works fine until I restart the computer - then it toggles off again. I have searched some other forums that...
  4. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Magic mouse 2 scrolling on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Magic mouse 2 scrolling on windows 10: I wasn't able to find any solutions via searching. Does anyone have any recommendations to tackle this? submitted by /u/Sloooop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ksr3di/magic_mouse_2_scrolling_on_windows_10/
  6. Scroll inactive windows when I hover over then NOT WORKING - Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scroll inactive windows when I hover over then NOT WORKING - Windows 10 Pro: Scroll inactive windows when I hover over then box is off in settings/mouse but continues to function as if it is on. How can I disable?...
  7. Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work: I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to reinstall and update drivers...
  8. how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites: when my built in mouse or usb mouse moves to a website when it hovers over a tab or site. How can I stop this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-hover-of-mouse-to-inactive-sites/9e0078ca-cb4b-46ea-8da4-dd4bbe71d254
  9. Apple Magic Mouse 2 Scrolling doesn't work in Windows 10

Apple Magic Mouse 2 Scrolling doesn't work in Windows 10: I've downloaded the Bootcamp support software for Windows (Version 5.1.5769). I've extracted the drivers: AppleBluetoothInstaller64 AppleWirelessMouse64 The Bluetooth installer should show 'Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth' in Device Manager, under Bluetooth. However,...
  10. Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work: Hello! I have installed the Win 10 enterprise LTSB the trial version. So far, so good, with the exception of two details: - The scrolling of inactive windows isn't working properly. I mean, it works only when the "Settings" window is the active, then I can scroll the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window doesnt scroll when mouse is over window

2. bootcamp magic mouse