Windows 10: Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

Discus and support Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When my start screen isn’t open or a USB mouse isn’t plugged in, I cannot use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad. In the mouse setting I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ann Mills2, May 3, 2019.

1. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

When my start screen isn’t open or a USB mouse isn’t plugged in, I cannot use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad. In the mouse setting I found that inactive windows option is on. I tried to update drivers with no avail. It is HPX360 laptop, a newly bought machine

:)

Ann Mills2, May 3, 2019
  2. Lay Lee Win User

Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to
    reinstall and update drivers but that doesn't work either. Please help! I would really like to use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad during multi-tasking activities. Thanks in advance.

Lay Lee, May 3, 2019
  3. scroll inactive window

Hi,

To address your concern with Scroll Inactive Window, we suggest that you update the driver of your mouse. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, May 3, 2019
  4. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

1. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad - Similar Threads - Inactive scrolling touchpad

2. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  3. scroll inactive windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll inactive windows: This setting is making windows very difficult to use. Even when off in the settings it stays on and make it difficult to move through my open tabs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-inactive-windows/a82d0105-ce2b-4e3f-acba-deba93a6499a
  4. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?: TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior? ----- Hi, Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue....
  5. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  6. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  7. How to scroll on the inactive window without selecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to scroll on the inactive window without selecting it?: On a dual window setup, I have to select the app in order to scroll the contents of the window and I gotta select the window of another app again to scroll. Is there a third party tool that can enable me to scroll on the inactive window just by hovering the mouse over it?...
  8. Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work: I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to reinstall and update drivers...
  9. ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity

ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity: This is a weird one. I just got a second hand laptop - Acer V3-771G with an Elan touchpad and I put a new SSHD hard drive in it and installed Windows 10 fresh. I see lots of issues with ELAN touchpads but it seems as though Microsoft has produce one that installs and fixes...
  10. Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work: Hello! I have installed the Win 10 enterprise LTSB the trial version. So far, so good, with the exception of two details: - The scrolling of inactive windows isn't working properly. I mean, it works only when the "Settings" window is the active, then I can scroll the...