Windows 10: inactivity options

Discus and support inactivity options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently had a wipe done due to a virus. Had been using Windows 10 for a couple years. I had Windows reinstalled with all updates. Previously, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BonnieMorgan79, Oct 20, 2019.

1. inactivity options

I recently had a wipe done due to a virus. Had been using Windows 10 for a couple years. I had Windows reinstalled with all updates. Previously, I could set the system to hibernate, shut down, sleep when inactive for certain time. Now it only gives me the sleep option. I want it to lock and require a password after a certain time period of inactivity.

:)

BonnieMorgan79, Oct 20, 2019

2. scroll inactive window

Hi,

To address your concern with Scroll Inactive Window, we suggest that you update the driver of your mouse. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Oct 20, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

inactivity options

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

inactivity options

1. inactivity options - Similar Threads - inactivity options

2. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  3. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  4. "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...: hello. i am writing to you because, like many people before me, i am experiencing this problem with this feature. all the solutions proposed before don't seem to work in my specific case. in a nutshell, when i try to scroll with the mouse in a windows app or in the start...
  5. "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...

"Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...: hello. i am writing to you because, like many people before me, i am experiencing this problem with this feature. all the solutions proposed before don't seem to work in my specific case. in a nutshell, when i try to scroll with the mouse in a windows app or in the start...
  6. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default: After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to...
  7. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default: After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to...
  8. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

9. Iobit Hijacked Windows Defender, The Real Time Protection Option is Inactive, Iobit Strains...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Iobit Hijacked Windows Defender, The Real Time Protection Option is Inactive, Iobit Strains...: I fin so little on this matter that I'd swear no one cared if Advanced System Care Ultimate 13 hijacks Windows Defender or no. The Realtime Protection Setting is obscured and impossible to access. I'd like to lessen the strain on my RAM/CPU by uninstalling it or turning it...
  10. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?: I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really annoying and I'd really like to disable it because I use my computer to draw a lot. Please help... 56894