Windows 10: Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

Discus and support Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is publishing this advisory to notify customers of two inadvertently disclosed digital certificates that could be used to spoof content and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180029

:)

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
  2. John_L. Win User

Microsoft Security Advisory (2524375) - Fraudulent Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

Update 7.0.7392.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.aspx

Fix for fraudulent third-party digital certificates. This update includes a critical fix to an industry-wide issue with nine untrusted digital certificates that were issued by one root certificate authority. These third-party
    digital certificates are used to access popular websites and email portals. Although this is not a Microsoft security vulnerability, these untrusted certificates may be used to spoof content, perform phishing attacks, or perform man-in-the-middle attacks against
    all web browser users. This update moves the affected certificates to the "Untrusted Publishers" certificate store on Windows Phone, which helps ensure that these fraudulent certificates are not inadvertently used. For more info, see
    Microsoft Security Advisory (2524375).

You can also keep up to date by visiting the Windows Phone site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/new-features.aspx

John_L., Nov 27, 2018
  3. John_L. Win User
    Microsoft Security Advisory (2524375) - Fraudulent Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing

An update to help address the fraudulent digital certificates issue is now available for Windows Mobile 6.x devices from the Microsoft Download Center -
    Download the Update for Windows Mobile 6.x (KB2524375) package now.

To view the security advisory related to this issue, see Microsoft Security Advisory (2524375).

John_L., Nov 27, 2018
  4. bhringer Win User

My virus program detected a virus and it was only removed partially. How do I finish removing CompromisedCert.C .

In addition to the references provided by
    Jsssssssss
    please see the following:

3119884 - Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing - Version: 1.0

Microsoft Security Advisory 3119884

~

bhringer, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing - Similar Threads - Inadvertently Disclosed Digital

2. Microsoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040: Hi,We are getting below vulnerability in Windows Server 2012 2012R2 and Server 2016 while scanning through Qualys agentMicrosoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040Solutions:n automatic updater of untrusted certificates is available for...
  3. Microsoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040: Hi,We are getting below vulnerability in Windows Server 2012 2012R2 and Server 2016 while scanning through Qualys agentMicrosoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040Solutions:n automatic updater of untrusted certificates is available for...
  4. Microsoft Improperly Issued Digital Certificates Spoofing Vulnerability KB3123040

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. digital certificates ending

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    digital certificates ending: Does anyone know anything about the pending end of digital certificates issue on Sept. 30th which is today that is suppose to effect older computers ability to access the internet and or websites? After reading an article today I thought I had better ask this question as I...
  6. Hwid Spoof

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hwid Spoof: Hi i used a hwid spoofer to get unbanned on fortnite but now i having extreme ping spikes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-spoof/0a70a11b-c19a-4110-9afe-172ce703a218
  7. Digital signing certificate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital signing certificate: My System can't detect the etoken and digital signing certificate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-signing-certificate/8ae6b6aa-b541-4370-a9dd-919598377a01
  8. digital certificate not showing

digital certificate not showing: Hi, im using windows 10-64bit and Chrome 75. I have a series of personal digital certificates loaded, I can see them in under "Personal" in the window "internet options/ content/ certs" and in "mmc/ certificates/ personal" but they do not show in "certmgr/ personal". Why...
  9. spoof email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spoof email: I received an email supposedly from a contact indicating it was from Joe (not real name). On opening it, it was obvious it was a spoof. Needing to let Joe know about this I realised he wasn't in my "Mail" contacts list, but he was in my Thunderbird contacts list. I opened...
  10. Spoof-Mail

Spoof-Mail: I have got an eMail I suspect as a spoof an would like to forward it to Microsoft, but do not find a mail-address for to send spoofs to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/spoof-mail/566ed105-6e64-4d77-9d84-6f32127e3f54"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing 2012 r2