Windows 10: inadvertently edited local security policy and now I cant log back in

Discus and support inadvertently edited local security policy and now I cant log back in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I need an urgent help with Windows10. I was working on my virtual machine for a school project and was supposed to run a script to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanviMohanty, Jul 30, 2021.

1. inadvertently edited local security policy and now I cant log back in

Hello,I need an urgent help with Windows10. I was working on my virtual machine for a school project and was supposed to run a script to change ssecurity policy.By mistake, I ended up running that script on my actual laptop and thereafter I couldnt log back into my windows account again.I tried to create a dummy account thru command line and I am able to log back in to the computer.However, I am unable to find and edit local security policy and hence unable to relogin with my regular accountPlease help. I have a project to complete and its due in 2 days

:)

TanviMohanty, Jul 30, 2021
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jul 30, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

inadvertently edited local security policy and now I cant log back in

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hello Jackie,

To answer your question on how to access/obtain Local Security Policy, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you logged in to your computer as an administrator?
    • What edition of Windows 10 are you using? (e.g. Home, Pro, or Enterprise)

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

inadvertently edited local security policy and now I cant log back in

1. inadvertently edited local security policy and now I cant log back in - Similar Threads - inadvertently edited local

2. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  3. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  4. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I erased my computer and now i cant log back in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I erased my computer and now i cant log back in: When i load up into the start menu I put the correct password i but it says "The user Profile Service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded." Please help i do not know what to do....
  6. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  7. Local Security Policy

Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  8. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  9. Powershell Local Policy editing

Powershell Local Policy editing: Hello guys! At my company, we install PC's and the installation method is rather long. But as I can see, a lot of it can be scripted/automatised. I'm not getting anywhere with it, as I edit Policy values in the Registry, it does not show up in the gpedit.msc window. One...
  10. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...