Windows 10: Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was given instructions on how to fix the Admin issue on my computer. One of the instructions involved me pressing the Window key and X. Then I was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BlaqueKey, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BlaqueKey Win User

Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10

I was given instructions on how to fix the Admin issue on my computer. One of the instructions involved me pressing the Window key and X. Then I was instructed to go the Command Prompt Admin section. When I went to that part of the step I noticed I no longer have that option on my computer. Only option I have is the Windows Powershell option. How do I get my Command Prompt Admin key back?

:)

BlaqueKey, Nov 5, 2018

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Administrator Account for Windows 10

Hi Keith,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you refer to the inbuilt administrator account?

• Do you sign in through Microsoft/Local account on Windows 10?

If you are referring to the inbuilt administrator account, then follow the below steps.

Note: To perform the below steps, you should be signed in to the Windows 10 using Admin account (Microsoft/Loacl account you created to sign in to Windows 10).

• Sign in through your
      Admin
      account on Windows 10 (not in built administrator account).

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) and click on yes on the prompted window.

• Now enter the below command in the
      command prompt (Admin) window.

net user administrator /active:no

• Close the Command prompt and reboot the computer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Inbuilt Administrator

2. Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet: In installed windows 10 pro -32bit and failed to recognise inbuilt touchpad, microphone,camera, speakers,+/- buttons, among others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-and-failure-of-drivers-not-responding/b8065c45-2ebc-402d-8912-8bd072d88058
  3. Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet: In installed windows 10 pro -32bit and failed to recognise inbuilt touchpad, microphone,camera, speakers,+/- buttons, among others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-and-failure-of-drivers-not-responding/b8065c45-2ebc-402d-8912-8bd072d88058
  4. Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. inbuilt microphone making high pitched noises

inbuilt microphone making high pitched noises: whenever i speak through my win 11 laptop, the audio sounds like it is high pitched, the audio driver is "intel smart sound technology for digital microphones" and the audio driver is realtek, i tried downloading it again but the same problem occurs even when nothing is...
  6. My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...: I'm on windows 10 running the latest software and drivers. I don't have perms to delete it on regedit either, I've tried to add my administrator account to the permission list and didn't work. This is my personal computer and I'm the sole user. I have my personal account and...
  7. My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...

My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...: I'm on windows 10 running the latest software and drivers. I don't have perms to delete it on regedit either, I've tried to add my administrator account to the permission list and didn't work. This is my personal computer and I'm the sole user. I have my personal account and...
  8. My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition.: I am learning new things and realised i cant make any security changes, i am testing my own .lua script injector, when i download it, it says its detected as a virus, so i went ahead and tried to turn off real-time protection and it says that i dont have the permission to...
  10. How to delete the inbuilt Administrator Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete the inbuilt Administrator Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With nothing more than a generic Windows 10 installation disc or USB flash drive, […] This article How to delete the inbuilt Administrator Account in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inbuilt admin windows 10

2. how can i know the password of the inbuilt administrator account on a laptop in windows 10

3. cannot see the inbuilt windows admin account

4. how to open inbuilt admin,
  5. windows admin account and inbuilt account info