Windows 10: Inbuilt camera not working

Discus and support Inbuilt camera not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help. I have tried everything: privacy settings are on, checked drivers updates, uninstalled and re-intsalled camera hardware, reset the camera,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BvBON, Aug 12, 2020.

1. BvBON Win User

Inbuilt camera not working

Please help. I have tried everything: privacy settings are on, checked drivers updates, uninstalled and re-intsalled camera hardware, reset the camera, run the troubleshooting, edit the registry, check my antivirus programme, download driver from manufacturer . Nothing works :- Working from home and need my camera for meetings.

Thanks

Windows 10 Home - 64 bit - Asus UX305CA

Video Capture Devices

Number of Devices: 1

---------------------

FriendlyName: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

Category: Camera

SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_04f2&pid_b56b&mi_00#6&25ee911b&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global

Rotation: 0

Manufacturer: Microsoft

HardwareID: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B56B&REV_0009&MI_00,USB\VID_04F2&PID_B56B&MI_00

DriverDesc: USB Video Device

DriverProvider: Microsoft

DriverVersion: 10.0.19041.1

DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00

DriverDateLocalized: 21/06/2006 00:00:00

Service: usbvideo

Class: Camera

DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]

ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}

ProblemCode: No Problem

BusReportedDeviceDesc: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

Parent: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B56B\0x0001

DriverProblemDesc: n/a

UpperFilters: n/a

LowerFilters: WdmCompanionFilter

Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp

ContainerCategory: n/a

SensorGroupID: n/a

MFT0: n/a

DMFT: n/a

CustomCaptureSource: n/a

DependentStillCapture: n/a

EnablePlatformDMFT: n/a

DMFTChain: n/a

EnableDshowRedirection: n/a

FrameServerEnabled: False

AnalogProviders: n/a

ProfileIDs: n/a

:)

BvBON, Aug 12, 2020

2. Inbuilt camera not working after November update

Hello
    GöranSS

Given the information you've provided where you state that you got your camera working prior to the November update, it sounds to me like the November update reinstalled a driver that doesn't work with your camera. Most likely the camera driver got replaced
    with the generic webcam driver. I'd suggest you rollback to your previous driver and see if that corrects the problem. To do this:

How to rollback to previous driver:

• Right click on start button>Device Manager
    • Under Imaging devices locate your camera, you may need to click the ">" to expand the list to see your camera
    • Right click on the device name>Properties
    • Click on Driver Tab
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button

If that doesn't work, you can manually choose another driver already installed on your system and see if that works. To do this:

How to manually choose a previously installed driver:

• Right click on start button>Device Manager
    • Under Imaging devices locate your camera, you may need to click the ">" to expand the list to see your camera
    • Right click on the device name>Properties
    • Click "Update Driver" button
    • Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    • Select an older driver
    You may need try several drivers to find the right one. Let us know if you've resolved the issue after you try these steps.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Aug 12, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Inbuilt camera not working

Windows 10 camera Not Working

Hi Beajai,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Which are the apps you cannot uninstall?
    • Which are the apps you cannot stop?
    For the Camera app issue, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Inbuilt camera not working

1. Inbuilt camera not working - Similar Threads - Inbuilt camera working

2. My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop: My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop Showing error 0xA00x4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-camera-is-not-working-in-the-windows-10/13176237-63d6-4e5f-978d-4ab8c5a3d277
  3. My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop: My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop Showing error 0xA00x4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-camera-is-not-working-in-the-windows-10/13176237-63d6-4e5f-978d-4ab8c5a3d277
  4. My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop: My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop Showing below error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-camera-is-not-working-in-the-windows-10/13176237-63d6-4e5f-978d-4ab8c5a3d277
  5. my hp truevision hd camera inbuilt is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp truevision hd camera inbuilt is not working: after update my camera stopped working can any one help tried all options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-truevision-hd-camera-inbuilt-is-not-working/4f98625f-bee9-4c82-9f4f-a7291789f7a3
  6. my hp truevision hd camera inbuilt is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp truevision hd camera inbuilt is not working: after update my camera stopped working can any one help tried all options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-truevision-hd-camera-inbuilt-is-not-working/4f98625f-bee9-4c82-9f4f-a7291789f7a3
  7. my hp truevision hd camera inbuilt is not working

8. inbuilt camera not working

inbuilt camera not working: Time of this report: 6/1/2021, 23:17:01 Machine name: LAPTOP-64O3C2N0 Machine Id: {2B340D11-D7EB-4666-8436-FC14A2A6EFE5} Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 19042 19041.vb_release.191206-1406 Language: English Regional Setting: English System...
  9. INBUILT CAMERA IN MSI GAMING COMPUTER DOES NOT WORK

INBUILT CAMERA IN MSI GAMING COMPUTER DOES NOT WORK: camera is showing an error code 0xA00F4244 <No camera is attched> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-camera-in-msi-gaming-computer-does-not/e3b75bfd-fd73-4fd3-86e0-bb08d8362495
  10. inbuilt laptop camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    inbuilt laptop camera: I recorded a video with laptop inbuilt camera, when I played it the video was inverted sideways. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-laptop-camera/c3516847-12ae-458d-9125-52b37c8c0812