Windows 10: Inbuilt microphone

Discus and support Inbuilt microphone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; does it mean you dont have to connect headset or mic but can still perform speech rcognition?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ENUEKOW, Apr 7, 2020.

1. ENUEKOW Win User

Inbuilt microphone

does it mean you dont have to connect headset or mic but can still perform speech rcognition?

:)

ENUEKOW, Apr 7, 2020

2. Realtek inbuilt microphone

My inbuilt Realtek microphone doesn't work. I've updated all the drivers and have checked that the microphone is not mute but it still wont work

hannanabdul, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Microphone on Aspire 8735g - not working or am i doing something wrong??

Hi Amy,

I suggest you to visit the link below and download the latest drivers for your device and check.

Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals

Yes there is usually an inbuilt microphone driver.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps in fixing your microphone issue. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Inbuilt microphone

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Inbuilt microphone

1. Inbuilt microphone - Similar Threads - Inbuilt microphone

2. How do I get my inbuilt microphone to work again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my inbuilt microphone to work again?: My inbuilt microphone and laptop speakers stopped working suddenly after an update. I deleted the audio drivers and installed a few previous versions and got the speakers to work properly againrespond to changing the volume, but could never get the inbuilt microphone to be...
  3. How do I get my inbuilt microphone to work again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my inbuilt microphone to work again?: My inbuilt microphone and laptop speakers stopped working suddenly after an update. I deleted the audio drivers and installed a few previous versions and got the speakers to work properly againrespond to changing the volume, but could never get the inbuilt microphone to be...
  4. Inbuilt microphone not detected in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inbuilt microphone not detected in windows 11: After i upgrade my graphic driver, my microphone doesn't work. My laptop doesn't detected the default microphone. I've tried so many thing like upgrading my windows and upgrading the audio driver from the support assistant, but when the laptop tried to install the suggested...
  5. Inbuilt microphone not detected in windows 11

Inbuilt microphone not detected in windows 11: After i upgrade my graphic driver, my microphone doesn't work. My laptop doesn't detected the default microphone. I've tried so many thing like upgrading my windows and upgrading the audio driver from the support assistant, but when the laptop tried to install the suggested...
  6. Inbuilt Microphone on my HP Windows 10 isn't recording/working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inbuilt Microphone on my HP Windows 10 isn't recording/working at all: My laptop inbuilt mic isn't working. I am trying to create a video by recording my Chrome screen using Xbox Game Bar Win + G but there's no audio in any of the videos recorded. I have tried all solutions I can find online to no avail.I have checked the Sound and Mic settings...
  7. Inbuilt Microphone on my HP Windows 10 isn't recording/working at all

Inbuilt Microphone on my HP Windows 10 isn't recording/working at all: My laptop inbuilt mic isn't working. I am trying to create a video by recording my Chrome screen using Xbox Game Bar Win + G but there's no audio in any of the videos recorded. I have tried all solutions I can find online to no avail.I have checked the Sound and Mic settings...
  8. Inbuilt Microphone on my HP Windows 10 isn't recording/working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My inbuilt speakers and microphone disappeared, how do I fix this?

My inbuilt speakers and microphone disappeared, how do I fix this?: My speakers suddenly stopped playing sound, and when I went into the settings to see if I could fix it, the speakers & microphone weren't there, and I have no other output/input devices to play sound or use as a microphone. On the "Choose where to play sound" tab, it says "No...
  10. My inbuilt speakers and microphone disappeared, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt speakers and microphone disappeared, how do I fix this?: My speakers suddenly stopped playing sound, and when I went into the settings to see if I could fix it, the speakers & microphone weren't there, and I have no other output/input devices to play sound or use as a microphone. On the "Choose where to play sound" tab, it says "No...