Windows 10: Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search

Discus and support Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows explorer search using the search box doesn't find content in footnotes in .docx. It works with endnotes. Any way to make it work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drop Shadow, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search

Windows explorer search using the search box doesn't find content in footnotes in .docx. It works with endnotes.

Any way to make it work with footnotes as well?

Or is there an alternative to Windows search which is able to do it?

Best.

:)

Drop Shadow, Jul 31, 2020
  2. HGKCGK Win User

Search Results for Footnotes

Unfortunately, I still have the problem, and no one has answered my question.

(P.S. I'm not the only one with this problem. See: Windows 7 Search for footnote text in .Docx

If you follow through this thread, you'll see that no one provided an answer.)

HGKCGK, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    how to search keywords inside a docx document??

Tsw88,

1. Open File explorer
    2. Go to your C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents folder
    3. If you know that all the relevant docx files are within, say, C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\AllMyStuff then go to that folder but otherwise just stay at C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents
    4. In the upper-right of the File explorer window [inline with the folder address bar] you will see another box, an entry box, showing Search Documents {or whatever is the name of the folder you are in}.
    5. Type your search term Happy in there. You do not need to use any special syntax, just enter the search term.
    6. You will see the search starting to give returns even while you are still typing out Happy.
    7. The search includes all subfolders.

Denis

4. Ahhzz Win User

Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search

1. Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search - Similar Threads - Include docx footnotes

2. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  3. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  4. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files: Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I have a folder "Business" on the "Desktop" and a subfolder "Tests". The folder contains 2000 .doc and 2000 .pdf files. When I...
  5. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files: Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I have a folder "Business" on the "Desktop" and a subfolder "Tests". The folder contains 2000 .doc and 2000 .pdf files. When I...
  6. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  7. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  8. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

9. Windows File Explorer will not preview docx files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer will not preview docx files: I'm running Office 360 on Windows 10 with all current updates. File Explorer will preview most files, but will not preview Word files, .docx. I have searched everywhere for a solution and found nothing. Please help!...
  10. footnote numbering

in Cortana
    footnote numbering: I'm using Office 365 in windows 10. I made a mistake in numbering footnotes. Now I can't fix it or cancel the numbers. Anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/footnote-numbering/25ad29a9-2002-4de9-98d1-e1dc7031451e"