Windows 10: Include local account in Family Safety?

Discus and support Include local account in Family Safety? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My kid uses a local account on a Windows 10 laptop. How do I include that account in Family Safety? Or is there a way to move all of his settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [JMK], Aug 24, 2022.

1. [JMK] Win User

Include local account in Family Safety?

My kid uses a local account on a Windows 10 laptop. How do I include that account in Family Safety? Or is there a way to move all of his settings and data from the local account to a Microsoft account?

:)

[JMK], Aug 24, 2022

2. Merge the local accounts in Family Safety

Hi Raider,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be glad to help you.

It appears that the Child account has been configured incorrectly and I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

Refer below articles for more information.

How do I remove Family Safety?

How to set up Family Safety?

Note : The troubleshooting steps in the above links are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Try changing the Account type from Administrator account to Standard account from
    user account settings by logging into the parent account. In Standard account, it will prompt for the Administrator password if the user try to make any settings changes.

Also review:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Family Safety features

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh Kumar V, Aug 24, 2022
  3. Bert M. Win User
    Family safety with local account?

It seems impossible to use a local account with family-safety. Now it seems you have to register a MS-account in your kids name. Is this really the case or can I still use a local account like I have used with W7?

Bert M., Aug 24, 2022
  4. Include local account in Family Safety?

Merge the local accounts in Family Safety

Original Title : Microsoft Account vs Local Account

I created a Microsoft account for my child so I can control his time, apps purchase and what website he is going to.

Unfortunately, on Windows 10, he can create a local account from his windows account that will bypass all the family safety I set up.

He creates the local account by going to USER ACCOUNTS>Log in with Local Account instead

Is there any way I can block him from creating a local account or can I control the local account he created using the family safety??

HELP!!!!

Raidernation94, Aug 24, 2022
Thema:

Include local account in Family Safety?

1. Include local account in Family Safety? - Similar Threads - Include local account

2. Child account in family safety is no visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  3. Family Safety - connecting two accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - connecting two accounts: I have an account as my 7 y.o. son, According to his Account I am supervisor of this account, but I am unable to see his account on my Family Safety, and when I add his account to my family, he has information about being connected to another family, which he can not leave.I...
  4. Family Safety - connecting two accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - connecting two accounts: I have an account as my 7 y.o. son, According to his Account I am supervisor of this account, but I am unable to see his account on my Family Safety, and when I add his account to my family, he has information about being connected to another family, which he can not leave.I...
  5. Family Safety - connecting two accounts

6. Include local account in Family Safety?

Include local account in Family Safety?: My kid uses a local account on a Windows 10 laptop. How do I include that account in Family Safety? Or is there a way to move all of his settings and data from the local account to a Microsoft account?...
  7. Include local account in Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Include local account in Family Safety?: My kid uses a local account on a Windows 10 laptop. How do I include that account in Family Safety? Or is there a way to move all of his settings and data from the local account to a Microsoft account?...
  8. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  9. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  10. Family Safety - can i convert a family account to a local, standard account

Family Safety - can i convert a family account to a local, standard account: Hi All, I use Microsoft Family Safety, child account and I would like to know if it is possible to convert this family account to a local account without any change in settings or files: a seamless transition, because the account is being used for both schoolwork and for...