Windows 10: Including middle name in People app?

Discus and support Including middle name in People app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I managed to transfer my Windows Live Mail contacts to the Windows People App by importing them into Outlook web mail, and synchronising with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eezacque, Aug 3, 2018.

1. eezacque Win User

Including middle name in People app?

I managed to transfer my Windows Live Mail contacts to the Windows People App by importing them into Outlook web mail, and synchronising with the People App. However, I cannot get middle names to show.

I am using the Middle Name field in Outlook to store connectives like 'de', as in 'Moses de Leon'. In the Outlook web interface, this is listed as 'Moses de Leon' or 'Leon, Moses de', depending on display preferences, which is correct.

After synchronisation, Windows People app lists the name as 'Moses Leon', or 'Leon Moses', in the index list. The full people record does not show a Middle name field, although it lists the Name field correctly as 'Moses de Leon'.

One workaround is to add the connective after the first names, which is not very elegant, as the connective has nothing to do with the first name.

Is there a more elegant solution to make the People app handle middle names correctly?

:)

eezacque, Aug 3, 2018
  2. LeeKeller Win User

The People app in Windows 10 on my PC arbitrarily changes my name entries.

To overcome the inability for the People appl to display middle names, and to properly sync the People contacts to my smartphone, I have been entering the names in People as First Name - Last Name but where the Last Name is actually the contact's middle
    name space real last name. This works fine, but only for a few days. When I relook at the contacts list in People a few days later, for some arbitrary reason, the app has redone the entries so now First Name is as I entered, but Middle Name field now has the
    contact's middle name and the Last Name field has the contact's last name. By what reasoning can Microsoft have an application (People) just go on it's own and change what I have entered? If I want John Smooth Smith to be entered as John (1st name), Smooth
    Smith (last name) instead of as John (1st name) Smooth (middle name) Smith (last name), then that's how it should remain. There are people with dual last names and where those entries are not hyphenated. Of course, a better solution would be to fix the People
    app so it displays the full name, showing all name fields (Title, First, Middle, Last, and Suffix). In the meantime, how do I stop People from making these changes to my entries?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

LeeKeller, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Marek St. Win User
    How to Show middle name in contacts

Hi KCPDel.

Thank you for posing on the forum.

I understand that you are looking for a way to display contacts Middle name in the People Hub and also for a way to make Lock Screen display only Today's events rather than ones following after.

Thank you so much for a throughout description of the situation.

Both of your equerries are actually done the way you see them by design. There is currently no way to display contacts middle name in the people hub and lock screen will always display next event to come.

I think both of your enquiries are a valid feature suggestions and that's why I would like to kindly ask you, if you don't mind to take your time and post them as a feature suggestions on the website below:

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Thank You

Marek S.

Marek St., Aug 3, 2018
  4. Including middle name in People app?

Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Including middle name in People app?

1. Including middle name in People app? - Similar Threads - Including middle name

2. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: I can't figure out how to use the people app. Is there a tutorial or book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/a963ef06-5c78-424c-b8b6-d5167229e3db
  3. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: How to Delete people from people app because "delete" is greyed outon the menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/3c2f0d05-ba8e-4f40-afe4-218832716341
  4. People app changes its name to "ms-resource:AppListName"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People app changes its name to "ms-resource:AppListName": The start menu on my laptop windows 10 20h2 version has been troubling for a long time the people app had no icon but its name before a week now it has no icon and no name, it shows some ms-resource: AppListName, I don't know what is happening this is the same issue on my...
  5. People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App: OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service. (can't change no properties, can't even stop the service) I wonder if that is correct as I have the following problem: When I try to add an mail account in the People App I...
  6. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  7. People app won't sort by last name and display last name first.

People app won't sort by last name and display last name first.: Like the title says. I am running Windows 10 19041.572 (May 2020 Update) and the People app is updated to it's latest version (10.1909.18041.0). The app itself works flawlessly, but won't allow me to sort my contacts by last name first, and neither will it display the last...
  8. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  9. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  10. People app

People app: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...