Windows 10: Incoming connections blocked

Discus and support Incoming connections blocked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanUre, May 7, 2019.

1. SeanUre Win User

Incoming connections blocked

Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot access". Now I've tried reinstalling drivers, disabling the firewall, resetting the firewall, resetting the network connections, connecting directly to another computer, changing IPs. Any suggestions?

:)

SeanUre, May 7, 2019
  2. Maris B. Win User

How to reliably block all incoming connections in Windows 10 Firewall?

In Windows 10 "Firewall and Advances Security" I want to block all Incoming network connections. Forever.

The initial setup is easy:

• Block incoming connection setting (already set by default)
    • Manually disable / delete all Inbound Rules

But the problem is, that after some time there are many new Rules added. Some are added by Windows (I believe it asks to allow program through firewall).

But there are many that are added without asking user permission. For example: "@$(runtime.ProgramFiles)\Hyper-V\SnapInAbout.dll,-212"

Incoming connections blocked 59G0h.jpg

So the question is - How to reliably block all incoming connections?

Maris B., May 7, 2019
  3. tnic01 Win User
    windows 10 blocking incoming connections

When i troubleshoot incoming connections i get a message "security or firewall is blocking incoming connections" for a particular program..i ionly have windows defender and windows firewall and both have been turned off..so could be the issue?

tnic01, May 7, 2019
  4. Incoming connections blocked

windows 10 blocking incoming connections

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What troubleshooting have you done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Do you have a third party anti-virus software installed on the computer?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Microsoft easy fix solution to resolve your issue with incoming computer connections and Windows Firewall. Click this
    link to download and run it, then follow the prompts appearing on your screen.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Incoming connections blocked

1. Incoming connections blocked - Similar Threads - Incoming connections blocked

2. Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop: We have several Windows 10 laptops at home with Minecraft Bedrock installed and like to play games together on our home network. One of these laptops can no longer host games on the LAN. The only changes I know of are some Windows updates that were applied to this device, and...
  3. Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop: We have several Windows 10 laptops at home with Minecraft Bedrock installed and like to play games together on our home network. One of these laptops can no longer host games on the LAN. The only changes I know of are some Windows updates that were applied to this device, and...
  4. Question about block incoming connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about block incoming connection: In the Incoming Connection, Should I tick this one? Or leave it as it is?????And also what is this???Thanx[Original Title: Microsoft Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-block-incoming-connection/bbebb336-dbcd-4b01-8ab7-1c401ff6e44c
  5. New Incoming Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Incoming Connection: Im trying to host my own vpn on my pc but I am unable to create a new incoming connection, I keep getting this errorIf anyone knows how to fix this, id greatly appreciate it....
  6. Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...

Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...: The wording in the Subject above is showing on my McAfee Internet Suite under Security History. McAfee says there are 150,000. Is this something I need to be worried about? If the answer is no, is this normal , or is there something I can do to correct this? Windows 10...
  7. Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?: Im reviewing my firewall rules and noticed that a lot of apps are allowed inbound. Is there a reason an app needs this or can I disable all incoming connections completely? What are the tradeoffs and security risks with having some apps be allowed incoming on the Windows 10...
  8. Block incoming connections

Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  9. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

[ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...
  10. [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [ Windows Firewall ] Cant block incoming connections by IP: I'm trying to block incoming connections for specific IP addresses. But any inbound rules doesn't work. Even if I remove all inbound rules remote computer can still connect. Here is what I did: 1- I defined a rule to allow all incoming connections. Rule settings as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security block incoming connections

2. integro antivirus blocking incoming connections

3. incoming connections blocked

4. windows security firewall block incoming connections