Windows 10: Incoming email issues - strips some attachments and garbles text of some messages

Discus and support Incoming email issues - strips some attachments and garbles text of some messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi This problem has been annoying me for the last 4 or 5 months. It only seems to affect windows 10 mail accounts on my PC. The mail is reaching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobBennett2, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Incoming email issues - strips some attachments and garbles text of some messages

Hi

This problem has been annoying me for the last 4 or 5 months.

It only seems to affect windows 10 mail accounts on my PC.

The mail is reaching my service provider fine and I can also read it on my iPad and on the provider's webmail site.

There are two distinct problems - some attachments are being stripped from incoming emails and emails sent to me as a blind addressee come through with the formatting garbled and punctuated by symbols, the most common of which is =20.

Most messages and attachments do make it thru OK though.

Any clues?

Bob

:)

BobBennett2, Sep 18, 2018

2. MFE: How to edit/copy text from an incoming email message?

This may seem an arcane question, but apparently we all learn by falling and getting up again.

Anyone knows how to edit an incoming email or copy text from an incoming mail (in MFE)?

I do not manage to edit the text, nor copy it for use in a new message (same for E71 and E65)

I don't manage to do it, even if I forward the incoming email.

Suggestions welcome!

PS I was not happy with Roadsync, although it allows me to forward and then edit/copy the text in an email. Roadsync is also bad here, since it actually still forwards the original unedited email attached to the edited email.

rrrr123456, Sep 18, 2018
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 18, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Incoming email issues - strips some attachments and garbles text of some messages

How to send an email that a phone receives as a text?

At my office, we want to have the ability to communicate with our electricians who are fairly low tech people. They don't check emails often, but text messaging would work fine for our need. I know with Verizon and Sprint you can using the text messaging app on the phone to text an email, and then if you reply to say L: 9995724770@VTEXT.COM that email will go to the phone as a text message.

Short of having all the electricians text an email to get these addresses, is there an easier way to go about this? I've never really dealt with mass texting before. Is say a Droid phone capable of sending a text to 40 people?

OrbitzXT, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Incoming email issues - strips some attachments and garbles text of some messages

1. Incoming email issues - strips some attachments and garbles text of some messages - Similar Threads - Incoming email issues

2. Have an issue when opening search and some apps and there some black strips come and flicker.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have an issue when opening search and some apps and there some black strips come and flicker.: Hello, Whenever I use my search bar some graphical error pops up as shown in the image attached, it also comes with some other apps like when using kmplayer the strips flicker in the corners. This started happening after I reinstalled my windows....
  3. Error message replying to some emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message replying to some emails: Hi,I have tried unsuccessfully to solve this in the past but let it go as it only affects a minority of emails but it has re-occurred.I am using the Mail App that comes with Windows 11 to access an email account on my own domain name. For a minority of email addresses when I...
  4. Error message replying to some emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message replying to some emails: Hi,I have tried unsuccessfully to solve this in the past but let it go as it only affects a minority of emails but it has re-occurred.I am using the Mail App that comes with Windows 11 to access an email account on my own domain name. For a minority of email addresses when I...
  5. Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open: incoming emails with media player attachments will not open * Moved from Community Center* Original title: inbox mail with attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-emails-with-media-player-attachments-will/5a3ac35a-7a79-4a45-bb0b-de8ec59d1093
  6. Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open

Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open: incoming emails with media player attachments will not open * Moved from Community Center* Original title: inbox mail with attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-emails-with-media-player-attachments-will/5a3ac35a-7a79-4a45-bb0b-de8ec59d1093
  7. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  8. Garbled text

Garbled text: Ok, after the last two updates I'm seeing issues with text. The two main areas I see it happening is when I choose the power options from Windows button in WIN11. Here are some examples.......
  9. Email and Web garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email and Web garbled text: Hi all- We have recently been having an issue of garbled and unreadable text in emails and websites. Instead of a sentence, there are symbols and random letters etc.... We have a Dell Inspiron 3656 using an AMD A8-8600 Radeon R6 1.60 GHz processor. We know its probably...
  10. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled text: In emails or texts, the text appears garbled, or the words do not form completely. This happens in receiving messages, also on FB and other applications. It does NOT happen when composing a message. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks...