Windows 10: Incompatibility games

Discus and support Incompatibility games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot run the games Mortimer Beckett and the crimson thief and Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King on Windows 10. I have tried compatibility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandrineCardoso, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Incompatibility games

Hi,

I cannot run the games Mortimer Beckett and the crimson thief and Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King on Windows 10.

I have tried compatibility in proprieties, selecting windows 7, windows vista pack 1 and pack 2, but it does not work.

Does it have anything to do with the graphics processor NVIDIA?

They are the type of games that do not need instaling, all I have to do is open/run the .exe file in the game's folder.

Thank very much, in advance, for any tips.

:)

SandrineCardoso, Apr 8, 2019

2. Incompatible: EA Game

Hi,

From the information provided, it looks like the issue could be due to the program being old which is why it is not being supported in Windows 10.

I would however suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check again:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Incompatible game in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below method and check:

Install app in Compatibility mode

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 8, 2019
  4. ChrisFlo Win User

Incompatibility games

Incompatible game in Windows 10

Upon installing Snoopy Vs The Red Barron ..a Bandai Namco game...on my Windows 10, the program would not run. When I clicked on the desktop icon, the start box would come up on screen, but when I clicked on "play" it disappeared and the game did not continue.
    I opened the Task Manager and it was not listed.

I tried the recomended settings for previous versions of Windows, but they did not work. I opened the file thru the Open File location and ran the Program Compatiblity Troubleshooter. It detected the program was incompatible. The desktop icon has a shield
    on it now that looks like from the troubleshooter.

Any suggestions on getting this game to work on my laptop?

Incompatibility games 8a6f2489-afd4-46c4-b670-58914716f759.jpg

Any help is much appreciated

Chris Incompatibility games :)

ChrisFlo, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Incompatibility games

1. Incompatibility games - Similar Threads - Incompatibility games

2. I get a Memory Integrity error that I cannot resolve. It says its due to incompatible...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a Memory Integrity error that I cannot resolve. It says its due to incompatible...: I get a Memory Integrity error that I cannot resolve. It says its due to incompatible drivers. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-a-memory-integrity-error-that-i-cannot/c0ce9294-9f6b-450f-bf67-ccadfad04085
  3. Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11: Any game I install through the XBOX app using game pass will not run.The above example is Atomic Heart but I get this on every game installed to C:\Games\Xbox. Installation directory is a new SSD mounted as a folder C:\Games\ in a folder called Xbox. This SSD works perfectly...
  4. Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11: Any game I install through the XBOX app using game pass will not run.The above example is Atomic Heart but I get this on every game installed to C:\Games\Xbox. Installation directory is a new SSD mounted as a folder C:\Games\ in a folder called Xbox. This SSD works perfectly...
  5. Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible: Hi, My Microsoft Game Bar says that my system isn't compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate. However, when I run DXDIAG, that says it IS compatible. So I'm not sure why Game Bar is wrong. I have an NVIDEA 3070, which should be compatible with DirectX 12, so I'm not sure what to...
  6. incompatible games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incompatible games: Dear members, how many of you fail to play gta sandreas in your pc windows 10 properly, due to incompablity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-games/33f3afe3-99e4-49e3-95ff-19535b41ed8d
  7. incompatible games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incompatible games: Dear members, how many of you fail to play gta sandreas in your pc windows 10 properly, due to incompablity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-games/33f3afe3-99e4-49e3-95ff-19535b41ed8d
  8. it says my game is incompatable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it says my game is incompatable: medieval total war it downloaded perfectly fine and when I try to run the program it tells me it needs administrative permission but I'm the administrator on my computer . so I ran the trouble shooting help guide and now its saying the game is incompatible . please tell me is...
  9. Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible: I bought the Xbox Game Pass so that I could try out the new State of Decay 2: Heartland DLC, but when I try to install it the Microsoft Store is saying that my devices are incompatible even though I've purchased AND successfully played State of Decay 2 on one of my devices....
  10. Windows Game Bar Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar Incompatibility: While trying to record gameplay footage of Minecraft, I was unable to open Windows Gamebar to record my screen. Whenever I attempted to do so, a messaged appeared saying that my hardware is not compatible with Gamebar, even though I was able to use Windows Gamebar just fine...