Windows 10: Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, after an automatic update of my computer with KB4023057, I get the message "The operating system is not presently configured to run this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesDec7issue, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update

Yesterday, after an automatic update of my computer with KB4023057, I get the message "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when trying to open any MS Office 15 program - Word, Excel, etc. I tried to remove KB4023057, and while it shows up as "Successfully Installed" in Settings, it does not show up in the list of installed updates when I go to uninstall it from Control Panel/Device Manager/Uninstall an update. How can I restore the ability to run MS Office?

:)

CharlesDec7issue, Dec 8, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    MS Office disappeared with Windows 10 upgrade!

Hi Denise,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with office and Wi-Fi connection.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer

To resolve the issue with Wi-Fi, I suggest you to try these steps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button and in the Windows Search type
      Troubleshooting
    • Open Troubleshooting and select Network and Internet.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps to fix the issue.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install latest Wi-Fi driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 driver are not available then install latest driver in compatibility mode.

To install the Wireless network driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest Wireless network driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

For issues related to Office, please post the query in the following forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update

1. Incompatibility of MS Office with latest Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Incompatibility Office latest

2. MS Office 2007 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2007 Updates: I have Office 2007 installed but have realised I never seem to have got any updates. Can I get some, from somewhere?Updates is set to download product updates as well as Windows ones.Sorry the available categories for the post don't cover Office...
  3. Update Windows removed MS Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows removed MS Office: I recently updated my laptop and no longer have MS Office as for my documents on my computer however they are available online. I have something called Neat Office. What happened and can I get MS back on my computer without being charged?...
  4. MS Incompatibility

MS Incompatibility: Hi All, Why is Microsoft insistent in becoming another IOS, not compatible with any software that hasn't been initiated, approved, condoned, or distributed by Microsoft or an affiliate? Your updates of Win 10 and Edge make them incompatible with gmail or Chrome, with new...
  5. Latest Update Affected MS Office Product Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update Affected MS Office Product Key: I am using Office 2013. For six years -- no problem! However, with the latest update, I am constantly being asked for a product key. Listen, MS! People don't hang on to these product keys forever. Give us a break! And I cannot afford to buy a new MS Office right...
  6. Latest MS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest MS Update: Hello, Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving permission. Hate when they do this; usually messes up something, invariably. a. Not sure what this latest rev number is, but...
  7. Incompatible Office Products loaded

Incompatible Office Products loaded: Today - out of the blue, MS Onedrive for Business pops up an error message randomly and often that says, "Sorry, we can't perform this action. Incompatible Office products are installed on your machine. If you have an administrator, please contact them for help." I have...
  8. Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot use MS Office 2013 after latest W10 update: Hello, I am new to this forum so my apologies if this is not a new W10 issue. I have been using W10 on my Dell Vostro 15 laptop, 3000 Series, for about 15 months. When I got the laptop I also installed MS Office 2013 and have been using it for the last 15 months or so...
  9. Latest Office Updates for Windows

Latest Office Updates for Windows: Latest Office Insider Updates Office Insider v1805 build 9320.2001 - April 24 Office Insider Monthly Channel (Targeted) v1804 build 9226.2082 - April 17 Latest Office 2016 and Office 365 Updates Office 2016 and Office 365 Monthly Channel v1804 build 9226.2114 - April 25...
  10. MS Office 2013 update...

MS Office 2013 update...: Moderator(s), please move this topic to the correct forum, thanks... I have two Windows 10 Professional, 64-bits (1709) with the latest updates, both systems have MS Office 2013 Professional. On one of the systems, MS Office does not update, while the other does. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix for windows 10 and office 365 incompatibility