Windows 10: Incompatible device - Device is not installed

Discus and support Incompatible device - Device is not installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kahunah, Sep 22, 2016.

1. kahunah Win User

Incompatible device - Device is not installed

I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the installation. At the end, it errors out saying that an incompatible device must be removed. The device is listed as a Linksys AE1200/2500. - The problem is, that device is not connected to the computer. It is my understanding that it was connected some time back but no more.

I checked Device Manager (including show hidden devices) and it's not there. I have gone through the registry and removed everything associated with Cisco, Linksys, AE1200, and AE2500. I the C drive for anything Cisco, Linksys, AE1200 and AE2500 and removed anything I found. Unfortunately, the problem still persists.

Any thoughts on how to get Windows to stop thinking it's installed, or a way to bypass the check?

Thanks in advance. I'm out of ideas.

:)

kahunah, Sep 22, 2016

2. No audio output device is installed - A device attached to the system is not functioning

Incompatible device - Device is not installed [​IMG]

Hi,

I get a no audio output device is installed popup message. Can anyone please help? I have posted the screenshot for reference. Clearly this doesn't seem to be a driver problem.

Thanks.

RavishKhapra, Sep 22, 2016
  3. No audio output device is installed - A device attached to the system is not functioning

Hello Ravish,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know below things to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is it a Laptop or Desktop?
    • Did you connect any external speakers for your device?
    • Are you getting this error when you try to update drivers through Device Manager?
    • Did you tried installing the latest audio drivers for your device?
    • Did you tried rebooting your PC after complete shutdown?
    You can see this error " A device attached to the system is not functioning", when the device is switched off, or connected improperly.

Give us brief description about the issue to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 22, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

I'm not certain of this, but I believe that if you use the Media Creation tool, the checks will not be applied.

bobkn, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Incompatible device - Device is not installed - Similar Threads - Incompatible device Device

2. install an external device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install an external device: how do I install an external device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-an-external-device/86887910-902c-4aa5-b5e4-9a0546c6ab22
  3. No audio device is installed

No audio device is installed: I am on Windows 10 with Nvidia Geforce drivers, randomly today, my sound suddenly stop working. It said no audio output device is installed. I have tried many different methods including updating and reinstalling my drivers, but nothing worked. Troubleshooting can't find the...
  4. Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!: I upgrade my PC to keep a step or two behind the technology. I remember when I was on the cutting edge of technology and telling a friend that it is hard to be on that edge. I purchase a product at the store by the time I get home the product or device is outdated. I guess I...
  5. No output device installed.

No output device installed.: Today, while watching a movie on Netflix on my laptop (MSI GV62 8RD-200, Intel core i5, Windows 10), my laptop suddenly froze and wouldn't budge no matter what I did, so I had to hard reset it. After turning it back on, I came to see that my audio display on the bar had a red...
  6. No audio device install.

No audio device install.: My H/P Laptop has no sound, the message above is what I got, did I delete them by mistake the laptop is 2yrs old. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-install/62972519-320c-4b6e-8a79-f0f1b6c67fa4
  7. no audio device installed

no audio device installed: Turned on computer and speakers no longer work. Computer says no audio device installed under Sound. Red X No Audio Output Device is installed. Checked speakers and they worked with other device. Googled problem and nothing has fixed problem....
  8. Installs and devices

Installs and devices: There are four (4) computers listed under "Installs". How do I remove some and how do I rename the remaining? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installs-and-devices/37f9a70d-5170-498e-ba62-b0fc86d00331
  9. Device Installation Settings

Device Installation Settings: Something I checked after the upgrade from Build 10240 to Build 10586.3, is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System and went to Advanced Settings>>>Hardware>>>Device Installation Settings. First of all it's simpler now, and second of all, the upgrade reset mine to...
  10. Found incompatible device - Edirol PCR500 MIDI Keyboard

Found incompatible device - Edirol PCR500 MIDI Keyboard: For all the positive compatibility of Win 10 (all my recording studio hardware except the PCR500 is compatible) I have found one device that is not. A user on the Cakewalk Sonar forum reported his Roland/Edirol PCR800 MIDI keyboard did not work in Win 10. I tried my...