Windows 10: Incompatible device - Device is not installed

Discus and support Incompatible device - Device is not installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kahunah, Sep 22, 2016.

1. kahunah Win User

Incompatible device - Device is not installed

I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the installation. At the end, it errors out saying that an incompatible device must be removed. The device is listed as a Linksys AE1200/2500. - The problem is, that device is not connected to the computer. It is my understanding that it was connected some time back but no more.

I checked Device Manager (including show hidden devices) and it's not there. I have gone through the registry and removed everything associated with Cisco, Linksys, AE1200, and AE2500. I the C drive for anything Cisco, Linksys, AE1200 and AE2500 and removed anything I found. Unfortunately, the problem still persists.

Any thoughts on how to get Windows to stop thinking it's installed, or a way to bypass the check?

Thanks in advance. I'm out of ideas.

:)

kahunah, Sep 22, 2016

2. No audio output device is installed - A device attached to the system is not functioning

Incompatible device - Device is not installed [​IMG]

Hi,

I get a no audio output device is installed popup message. Can anyone please help? I have posted the screenshot for reference. Clearly this doesn't seem to be a driver problem.

Thanks.

RavishKhapra, Sep 22, 2016
  3. No audio output device is installed - A device attached to the system is not functioning

Hello Ravish,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know below things to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is it a Laptop or Desktop?
    • Did you connect any external speakers for your device?
    • Are you getting this error when you try to update drivers through Device Manager?
    • Did you tried installing the latest audio drivers for your device?
    • Did you tried rebooting your PC after complete shutdown?
    You can see this error " A device attached to the system is not functioning", when the device is switched off, or connected improperly.

Give us brief description about the issue to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 22, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

I'm not certain of this, but I believe that if you use the Media Creation tool, the checks will not be applied.

bobkn, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Incompatible device - Device is not installed - Similar Threads - Incompatible device Device

2. Windows 10 incompatibility with old devices is over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 incompatibility with old devices is over: I am just creating this so that anyone who had issues upgrading old systems to Windows 10 can do it now without any issues.I had issues with two old laptops. One was made for Windows 7 and the other for Windows Vista.I was still able to use the one made for Windows 7 with...
  3. Windows 10 incompatibility with old devices is over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 incompatibility with old devices is over: I am just creating this so that anyone who had issues upgrading old systems to Windows 10 can do it now without any issues.I had issues with two old laptops. One was made for Windows 7 and the other for Windows Vista.I was still able to use the one made for Windows 7 with...
  4. Windows 10 incompatibility with old devices is over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  6. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  7. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  9. Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!: I upgrade my PC to keep a step or two behind the technology. I remember when I was on the cutting edge of technology and telling a friend that it is hard to be on that edge. I purchase a product at the store by the time I get home the product or device is outdated. I guess I...
  10. Installs and devices

Installs and devices: There are four (4) computers listed under "Installs". How do I remove some and how do I rename the remaining? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installs-and-devices/37f9a70d-5170-498e-ba62-b0fc86d00331