Windows 10: Incomplete installation of Windows 10

Discus and support Incomplete installation of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i started updating win10 (as I did successfully on my laptop) on my desktop but half-way through the internet connection went down and I'm now left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brianhill, May 24, 2016.

1. brianhill Win User

Incomplete installation of Windows 10

Hi, i started updating win10 (as I did successfully on my laptop) on my desktop but half-way through the internet connection went down and I'm now left with with a blue error page from Win10 and no means of reconnection to the Internet because I have to click a positive 'Connect' button everytime to launch the connection via the BT router. I can attach an ethernet cable but the computer will need to know the network and password which I can't do either. Any suggestions bearing mind my basic (very) skills?

:)

brianhill, May 24, 2016
  2. MHedlin Win User

Incomplete Installation of Windows 10

Thanks for the detailed information. I'll give it a try. It may, however, be beyond my technical skills.

MHedlin, May 24, 2016
  3. MHedlin Win User
    Incomplete Installation of Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 over Windows 7. The home screen is windows 10 but various pieces of Windows 10 are nonfunctional. Thus, the small Windows icon in the lower left-hand corner of the screen produces nothing when clicked. That in turn means that much
    of Windows 10 is not functioning. What options are available to make this work?

I have an old Toshiba laptop--a Satellite L305-S5970 with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6400 and 3GB SDRAM.

MHedlin, May 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello brianhill,

Actually the network cable route should work fine because passwords are not needed, the wired network just works. *Smile

philc43, May 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Incomplete installation of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Incomplete installation

2. How to correct incomplete Windows 11 installation using only Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct incomplete Windows 11 installation using only Command Prompt: After much struggling with my computer, which has shut me out of login and most repair commands a day or so after an automatic Windows 11 update, I am finally on to something.I was troubleshooting, and trying to turn off hibernation, when Command Prompts returned the...
  3. How to correct incomplete Windows 11 installation using only Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to correct incomplete Windows 11 installation using only Command Prompt: After much struggling with my computer, which has shut me out of login and most repair commands a day or so after an automatic Windows 11 update, I am finally on to something.I was troubleshooting, and trying to turn off hibernation, when Command Prompts returned the...
  4. HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or...: HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or corrupt file" when i attempted to install a downloaded app.pls help,tq...
  5. HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or...: HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or corrupt file" when i attempted to install a downloaded app.pls help,tq...
  6. HI.Windows shows "installer payload initialization error due to incomplete download or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Incomplete Username on Fresh Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incomplete Username on Fresh Windows 10 Install: Hey guys, I just installed windows 10 using my Microsoft account during setup. My username is "aaxyat" but after setup the user in my Users folder is "aaxya" . The final letter is missing. Is there any way that I can fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/aaxyat [link]...
  8. I bought an RCA Cambio from eBay. The windows instal was incomplete. I used the ISO image...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I bought an RCA Cambio from eBay. The windows instal was incomplete. I used the ISO image...: submitted by /u/Pegasaurus8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezudwv/i_bought_an_rca_cambio_from_ebay_the_windows/
  9. Control Panel is showing an incomplete list of Installed Applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel is showing an incomplete list of Installed Applications: This is all that's showing when I open Programs and Features. I wanted to uninstall Skype for Business and a bunch of other buggy programs that are slowing down my boot time. [ATTACH]...
  10. Incomplete Bitlocker windows 10 installation and reboot - system now only shows blue...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incomplete Bitlocker windows 10 installation and reboot - system now only shows blue...: HELP --- Bitlocker was running in background, never got to next step of entering a PIN or seeing the screen showing the KEY etc. PC was rebooted before the next step could happen and now when it starts up the Bitlocker recovery blue screen ask asking for the key. it gives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incomplete windows 10 installation