Windows 10: Incomplete upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Incomplete upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 7 is now unsupported so I was forced to buy a new mini Windows 10 desktop. As I do not understand 'computer workings' my neighbour transferred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Linuss47, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Linuss47 Win User

Incomplete upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 7 is now unsupported so I was forced to buy a new mini Windows 10 desktop. As I do not understand 'computer workings' my neighbour transferred everything over by a reader stick? - excepting my Windows Live Mail 12 which is now obsolete? and unsupported by Microsoft. We spent over 3 hours today trying to bring it onto Windows 10 but nothing works.

There is a Mail Outlook? icon on the Windows 10 but my Windows Live Mail 12 wouldn't transfer into it. There is one email in it dated 2016?? - strange and shows my email address although I don't think I've set up an account yet. I have had to revert back to my Windows 7 desktop as I've had so many incoming emails over 2 days, many of which I have to answer and I have numerous folders within my Mail 12 that I want to keep. I just don't know what to do. I know its a sign of the times to change and I will if someone can please tell me how to preserve and transfer over all of my Windows Live Mail 12.

Two last question. 1 I've deleted X Box and X Box bar as I don't have an X Box - have I done right? 2 Each time I switch on Windows 10 I have to type in a 4 digit code which I didn't have to do with Windows 7. There is no box to tick which would enable the computer to go straight onto the main screen showing software icons. Help!

Apologies for the longevity but I'm getting desperae. Please, please someone help me.

:)

Linuss47, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Incomplete upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Incomplete upgrade

2. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  3. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  4. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10: I have a startup issue with the installed OneDrive Desktop UI App running on my Windows 10 notebook. Everything else works fine. The Microsoft One Drive 64bit background App is running well. The OneDrive synchronization works as well. I can also sign-in with the OneDrive Web...
  6. OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10

OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10: I have a startup issue with the installed OneDrive Desktop UI App running on my Windows 10 notebook. Everything else works fine. The Microsoft One Drive 64bit background App is running well. The OneDrive synchronization works as well. I can also sign-in with the OneDrive Web...
  7. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed: Hello,Windows Defender found a virus on my computer, however, before I could deal with it on the Virus & Threat Protection tab the message regarding the virus disappeared. I've run both Quick Scan and Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan. Still, it shows "No current...
  8. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed

Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete - Status: Quarantine failed: Hello,Windows Defender found a virus on my computer, however, before I could deal with it on the Virus & Threat Protection tab the message regarding the virus disappeared. I've run both Quick Scan and Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan. Still, it shows "No current...
  9. indexing paused automatically and incomplete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    indexing paused automatically and incomplete: File indexing didn't run properly and paused after some times of run the command https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-paused-automatically-and-incomplete/c20fdde5-abb1-4f71-83a5-cbee23c37e8b
  10. Startup Incomplete After November Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Incomplete After November Upgrade: Hi, I have an intermittent problem with startup Windows 10 x64 on a homebuilt desktop. It manifests by the taskbar not loading, the working icon on continuously and the computer unresponsive. When in this state, I can sometimes open an application but it doesn't run. I.e....