Windows 10: Inconsistency in Sort By Name

Discus and support Inconsistency in Sort By Name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Currently, I'm using windows 10 build 1809 I'm really wonder about the sorting by name in explorer and CMD of windows [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NgocNguyen Sinh, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Inconsistency in Sort By Name

Hello,

Currently, I'm using windows 10 build 1809

I'm really wonder about the sorting by name in explorer and CMD of windows

Inconsistency in Sort By Name 48d7c30a-c9f9-4a39-aed9-3c5449d9e9b2?upload=true.png

Inconsistency in Sort By Name 4790a7b7-23ef-4497-b9b4-a3b1c6f09a93?upload=true.png

I use dir command to list out all the file in the folder. You can see the same of the priority of files name in CMD and power shell as fig1 and fig2 above.

Inconsistency in Sort By Name a3c97333-0fe8-436c-a82d-5ab435fe2677?upload=true.png

But it's quite different in the explorer when I sort it by name.

Hope to get the explanations from everybody!

:)

NgocNguyen Sinh, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

File Folder ahead in sort by ''Name''

Hello Luka,

There are a few reason why your folders are sorted by Name. For us to narrow it down, kindly answer the questions listed below:

• What do you mean by ahead?
    • Can you send a screenshot on where you're trying to sort your folders?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Win-Geek Win User
    theme inconsistancy on Mango!

phone: HTC Titan windows phone 7.5

Hi all

I just noticed that there is an annoying inconsistency regarding how some application deal with the theme!. Namely:

• Emails (whatever email inbox you use)
    • office hub
    • games hub
    These application ALWAYS use the "light background" theme no matter what theme i Choose!

the question is: is this a buggy behaviour? a design mistake? or intentional inconsistency which is tasteless and not smart???

regards

Win7-Geek

Win-Geek, Jul 2, 2019
  4. jomax77 Win User

Inconsistency in Sort By Name

Sort Contacts by first name & Sort Favorites????

Just got my Samsung i-760, how can I sort my contacts to list First-Last names instead or Last-First names? It makes dialing and searching for contacts very annoying.

Also how can I arrange boomarks in IE in any order I choose instead of just ABC order?

This is annoying too as there are a few important sites that I would like to have listed on top.

Thanks for the help.

jomax77, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Inconsistency in Sort By Name

1. Inconsistency in Sort By Name - Similar Threads - Inconsistency Sort Name

2. Sort folders by date in name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  3. Sort folders by date in name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  4. Sort folders by date in name

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder cannot sort by name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder cannot sort by name: I sort File folders and Shortcuts by name; however, it does not show as I expect.How do setting folders to make folders sort like following orders way? 1.TK.00_1.TK.01_1.TK.02_1.TK.03_............
  6. Folder cannot sort by name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder cannot sort by name: I sort File folders and Shortcuts by name; however, it does not show as I expect.How do setting folders to make folders sort like following orders way? 1.TK.00_1.TK.01_1.TK.02_1.TK.03_............
  7. Folder cannot sort by name

8. What are the file name sorting rules ?

What are the file name sorting rules ?: >> Is there a place in Microsoft that describes the official file name sorting rules?Are the rules the same for w10 and w11 ?Does it make a difference when using One Drive ?I have used _ and __ as the first characters of file names for years to keep files at the top of a...
  9. Unable to Sort File Names

Unable to Sort File Names: Hello - I downloaded several years of Bank statements and because I could not make sense of their numbering system, I renamed the PDFs using the month & year. I thought MS would sort using these numbers, but it's not happening. I used names like 520.pdf and 521.pdf for...
  10. Sort by name, not type in folder

Sort by name, not type in folder: Im having a big issues with folder sorting. Is there any way to actually sort by NAME? Like this: 1 Folder 2 PDF 3 PDF 4 Folder 5 TEXT Right now it sorts by type, when i choose to sort by name - makes no sense to me. Thank you....