Windows 10: Inconsistency results of MRT scanning

Discus and support Inconsistency results of MRT scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I ran MRT (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) from \Windows\System32 directly and performed a full scan. I left it working for many... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CodeVisio, Jan 29, 2019.

1. CodeVisio Win User

Inconsistency results of MRT scanning

Hi All,

I ran MRT (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) from \Windows\System32 directly and performed a full scan.

I left it working for many days. Before finishing the scan I took a screenshot:

Inconsistency results of MRT scanning 3b49fdbb-3c05-4e54-b284-7416e4c0942c?upload=true.png

As you can see at that point there were 29 files infected.

I left it finishing the scan and took another screenshot:

Inconsistency results of MRT scanning 594f99e2-92bf-4b89-9c04-fceeea55dc88?upload=true.png

At this point I didn't understand it. Did it find around 30 files infected or not?

Thanks

The following is the log from the MRT.log file:

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.68, January 2019 (build 5.68.15555.1)

Started On Sat Jan 26 19:33:27 2019

Engine: 1.1.15500.2

Signatures: 1.283.998.0

MpGear: 1.1.15201.1

Run Mode: Interactive Graphical Mode

Results Summary:

----------------

No infection found.

Successfully Submitted MAPS Report

Successfully Submitted Heartbeat Report

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Tue Jan 29 09:48:48 2019

Return code: 0 (0x0)

:)

CodeVisio, Jan 29, 2019

2. mrt scan is blocked says contact system administrater

why mrt scan is blocked in windows 10 when it worked in windows 7? I still get updates for the mrt

chrisallen2, Jan 29, 2019
  3. MRT scanning tool

Hello

I just have some questions. What would happen if I delete the MRT tool and just keep Windows Defender. Also, for some reason I have stopped receiving MRT updates from Microsoft, I'm only getting Windows Defender definitions. Is that normal? Why did the MRT
    updates stop coming? Also, the MRT found in the Windows 32 folder is extremely huge, what is the normal size for Windows 10 64-bit machines.

During the installation process to Windows 10 (or the recent upgrade) does Windows Firewall always on in the background? When does the Firewall exactly turn on?

Paintyourworld, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Inconsistency results of MRT scanning

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Inconsistency results of MRT scanning

1. Inconsistency results of MRT scanning - Similar Threads - Inconsistency results MRT

2. Scan results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  3. Scan results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan results: Slow processing caused me to run Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.369.612.0. While the running, it counted 23 infected files but ended with the statement "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." This makes...
  4. Scan results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MRT related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MRT related: Can you tell me that I recently reset my laptop and it and it is now brand new and all thing is clear but I could not find mrt in my Windows can you tell me that why I cannot find it or I manually download it from Microsoft website....
  6. windows mrt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows mrt: hello, so i ran the mrt and saw the results, i clicked detailed results and found this out so the question is, that all of this are malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-mrt/6c3a0726-c6bc-4154-8774-6f663db465ae
  7. no scan results for defender offline scan

no scan results for defender offline scan: After performing an offline scan, after rebooting I cannot find the results for the scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-scan-results-for-defender-offline-scan/cf4765f0-7e06-4d9d-a736-39f1b8e4c695
  8. Scan Result Code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan Result Code: Did a scan and Received the code WPE001001-HG9B8F. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-result-code/7d3f086c-89da-4e21-8291-2c99b90c19cf
  9. AdwCleaner Scan Result?

AdwCleaner Scan Result?: I just upgraded to the latest version of AdWCleaner and all my PCs give the detection shown below whereas they scanned clean a few days ago. What's the detection due to? [img] 152053
  10. Opening Network Folder Gives Inconsistent Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Network Folder Gives Inconsistent Results: I have 3 Win 10 PCs. Two are WiFi-connected to my router (both to SSID = mywifi), the other one is Ethernet-connected. From Windows Explorer, when I open "Network" folder in PC#1 (wifi-connected) I see the other PC's along with everything else on the LAN, andI can browse,...