Windows 10: Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues

Discus and support Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Laptop is only 6 months old. First time on Windows 10. Now when using File Explorer to access some directories and files, just selecting a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveG60606, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues

Laptop is only 6 months old. First time on Windows 10. Now when using File Explorer to access some directories and files, just selecting a small document in the right pane for the directories "Documents", "Dropbox" I get the "blue spin of wait" for about 60 seconds. However when selecting a simple file in the directories for "C-drive","OneDrive, "Google Backup and Synch" and "iCloud", I get NO DELAY at all - I just get the expected behavior.

I created a 2nd admin account to test and found that performance is normal with no delay in Documents and Dropbox - I haven't yet tested all the different directories at this time.

I had a call scheduled with a Level 2 Technician 45 minutes ago but did not receive any call -- which is yet another problem I am having.

:)

SteveG60606, Mar 17, 2020

2. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues :p

Frick, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues

1. Inconsistent Behavior in Windows File Explorer with major performance issues - Similar Threads - Inconsistent Behavior File

2. Major Issue with File Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Major Issue with File Explorer Bar: Hello everyone,I am using a Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H with windows 10 64-bit and I have an issue with my file explorer or when I open any file. This problem doesn't always occur, sometimes when I turn my laptop on it works fine for the whole time but sometimes when I turn it on...
  3. Major Issue with File Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issue with File Explorer Bar: Hello everyone,I am using a Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H with windows 10 64-bit and I have an issue with my file explorer or when I open any file. This problem doesn't always occur, sometimes when I turn my laptop on it works fine for the whole time but sometimes when I turn it on...
  4. Major Issue with File Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Inconsistent behavior between NavPaneExpandToCurrentFolder Registry Key and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent behavior between NavPaneExpandToCurrentFolder Registry Key and File Explorer: Hi,I am experiencing inconsistent behavior between the value of registry keys and the behavior of windows.Version: 10 Enterprise 21H2Build: 19044.1706In this directory:Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AdvancedThe following registry...
  6. Inconsistent behavior between NavPaneExpandToCurrentFolder Registry Key and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent behavior between NavPaneExpandToCurrentFolder Registry Key and File Explorer: Hi,I am experiencing inconsistent behavior between the value of registry keys and the behavior of windows.Version: 10 Enterprise 21H2Build: 19044.1706In this directory:Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AdvancedThe following registry...
  7. Inconsistent behavior between NavPaneExpandToCurrentFolder Registry Key and File Explorer

8. Windows 11 Major Performance Issues

Windows 11 Major Performance Issues: After installing the latest update KB5011493 my system has become incredibly slow and many programs either fail to launch or are unusable. My system is Ryzen based, so I assume it has something to do with the fTPM issue, but the reports of that issue detail “intermittent...
  9. Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior: Upgraded from Win10 Pro to Win11 Pro ver 21H2 build 22000.438 recently. File Explorer Preview pane works fine for MS Office documents, PDF in all folders and subfolders. But not for the bmp, png files and inconsistent for JPG files.It works for some JPG files but not for...
  10. Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior

Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior: Upgraded from Win10 Pro to Win11 Pro ver 21H2 build 22000.438 recently. File Explorer Preview pane works fine for MS Office documents, PDF in all folders and subfolders. But not for the bmp, png files and inconsistent for JPG files.It works for some JPG files but not for...