Windows 10: Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

Discus and support Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to back up my data to 50GB blu-ray. So far I have 1 successful attempt and 2 failures just what you need at £10 a disk!. Whats worse is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter692, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Peter692 Win User

Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

I'm trying to back up my data to 50GB blu-ray.
    So far I have 1 successful attempt and 2 failures just what you need at £10 a disk!.
    Whats worse is the failed disks look like they worked because and data checked reads the temporary data not the non-existent disk data.
    My work flow is:
    Drag & Drop files to Blu-Ray disk files and burner local to PC
    The files copy to a temporary location on my C drive
    I then have the option to finish burning.
    I get asked for a disk title & record speed x2, x4, x6
    and then it tries to burn.
    At the end I get an error 'failed to eject' and then a failed to burn successfully error.
    Disks are Verbatim BD-R DL 50gb x6
    Burner is Samsung bd502 which Ive used for ages for this taks.
    Side note: didn't windows use to just burn a disk without having to fill my c drive up first?
    Its so mis-leading that the unburnt files open from the temporary location which could lead to data loss from a fail burn!

:)

Peter692, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Horace Wiggins, Feb 7, 2021
  3. JoshBlannin, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

I have a Dell XPS 8100 and all of a sudden, I can not burn DVD's. I have two drives, the DVD burner that came with the computer and a Blu-Ray burner (LG) that I added. Neither will burn DVD's but I have no problems burning Blu-Rays. It's not the blanks because I tried two different brands and not the burning software because I tried Nero 2018 and ImgBurn. The error message from ImgBurn says write failed. Any suggestions?

TheBigCheese, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

1. Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning - Similar Threads - Inconsistent Blu Ray

2. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification: Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verificationLog Name: System Source: cdrom Date: 11/13/2022 1:01:15 PM Event ID: 51 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Description: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0...
  3. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification: Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verificationLog Name: System Source: cdrom Date: 11/13/2022 1:01:15 PM Event ID: 51 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Description: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0...
  4. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  6. Blu-ray disk player

Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  7. Burning Blu Ray

Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...
  8. Looking for a good Blu Ray burning software

Looking for a good Blu Ray burning software: Hi,I would like to create a Blu-Ray disk including the DTS, THX and Dolby lossless audio trailers (and best possible picture) that I can play through my Denon AVR and home cinema.Preferably I'd like to easily be able to see in the Blu-Ray menu the name of each trailer so that...
  9. Looking for Blu Ray BDXL Burning Software for W10

Looking for Blu Ray BDXL Burning Software for W10: I have almost 1TB of images as a photographer. I do have them on two other drives but would like to have them on optical. Uploading to the web is not an option. I am noticing that the software I am seeing only lists Window 8.1 and below. Does anyone know of a program that...
  10. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works: I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at...