Windows 10: Inconsistent BSOD

Discus and support Inconsistent BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC keeps BSOD at seemingly random intervals, the causes on the BSOD have said, "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamGriesmer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Inconsistent BSOD

My PC keeps BSOD at seemingly random intervals, the causes on the BSOD have said, "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION ERROR", "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED ERROR", "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ERROR". Looking into it I ran driver verifier and got the DMP file, though I have no idea what it means. Would appreciate support.Link to DMP file.

:)

SamGriesmer, Nov 27, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Win-Geek Win User
    theme inconsistancy on Mango!

phone: HTC Titan windows phone 7.5

Hi all

I just noticed that there is an annoying inconsistency regarding how some application deal with the theme!. Namely:

• Emails (whatever email inbox you use)
    • office hub
    • games hub
    These application ALWAYS use the "light background" theme no matter what theme i Choose!

the question is: is this a buggy behaviour? a design mistake? or intentional inconsistency which is tasteless and not smart???

regards

Win7-Geek

Win-Geek, Nov 27, 2020
  4. cplpro Win User

Inconsistent BSOD

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Inconsistent BSOD :)

cplpro, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Inconsistent BSOD

1. Inconsistent BSOD - Similar Threads - Inconsistent BSOD

2. Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying: Hi, I am experiencing intermittent crashing. Sometimes it happens immediately on startup, a few seconds after Windows loads. When it crashes, it tends to continue to crash repeatedly on restart. Inexplicably after many restarts, it sometimes loads and runs just fine for...
  3. Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying: Hi, I am experiencing intermittent crashing. Sometimes it happens immediately on startup, a few seconds after Windows loads. When it crashes, it tends to continue to crash repeatedly on restart. Inexplicably after many restarts, it sometimes loads and runs just fine for...
  4. Inconsistent volmgr BSOD / start up BSOD loop what could be the problem?

Inconsistent volmgr BSOD / start up BSOD loop what could be the problem?: Hello,It's been like this for a while but recently my computer has been going through very nasty BSOD loops day after day. Sometimes it's fine after a few bsods on startup but other times it may just loop for the rest of the day. These blue screens are very inconsistent and I...
  5. Inconsistent volmgr BSOD / start up BSOD loop what could be the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent volmgr BSOD / start up BSOD loop what could be the problem?: Hello,It's been like this for a while but recently my computer has been going through very nasty BSOD loops day after day. Sometimes it's fine after a few bsods on startup but other times it may just loop for the rest of the day. These blue screens are very inconsistent and I...
  6. BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.: Hello,I recently built a new PC, and I cloned my old M.2 SSD to a new one. It's been working great, but every so often when I try to shutdown, I get a BSOD. The most recent one said "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", I haven't been able to see the other ones before it restarts. I don't know...
  7. BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.

BSOD Error happens on shutdown inconsistently.: Hello,I recently built a new PC, and I cloned my old M.2 SSD to a new one. It's been working great, but every so often when I try to shutdown, I get a BSOD. The most recent one said "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", I haven't been able to see the other ones before it restarts. I don't know...
  8. Inconsistent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent BSODs: Hello. I've recently built my own PC about a month back, and it ran fine for a while 3ish weeks, but it has recently been giving BSODs for various reasons, with the most recent ones being related to system service exceptions. These crashes happen inconsistently, with some...
  9. Inconsistent BSODs

Inconsistent BSODs: Hello. I've recently built my own PC about a month back, and it ran fine for a while 3ish weeks, but it has recently been giving BSODs for various reasons, with the most recent ones being related to system service exceptions. These crashes happen inconsistently, with some...
  10. Inconsistent BSOD errors. Tried a lot of fixes, please for my sanity please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent BSOD errors. Tried a lot of fixes, please for my sanity please help.: Hey All,Im really hoping someone who can deeply anyalyze the minidump files can at least point me to what driver/hardware might be failing.Specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler very good imoMOBO: ROG Strix B550-f Gaming WifiRAM: PC4-28800 DDR4 16gb 2x 8gb sticks forget model...