Windows 10: Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network

Discus and support Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 3 machine home network with all computers plugged directly into the router via ethernet cables. Computer #1 is running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SubjectDelta, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network

Hi,

I have a 3 machine home network with all computers plugged directly into the router via ethernet cables.

Computer #1 is running Windows 10 Home.

Computers #2 and #3 are running Windows 10 Pro.

On Computer #1, when viewing network devices in Explorer; all 3 computers are visible and accessible.

On Computers #2 and #3, when viewing network devices in Explorer, only themselves are visible i.e. Using Computer #2, I can only see Computer #2 on the network and cannot see Computer #1 or Computer #3.

Im able to ping all computers on the network from all terminals succesfully.

I have set the two function services to automatic in services.msc, network discovery is on and password protection off for all computers.

The other day, I just so happened to have network open in explorer on both Computer #1 and #2 at the same time when the network dropped out. Upon re-connection, I noticed that Computer #1 could now only see itself and it was Computer #2 that could now see all three computers on the network. I restarted all machines to check if this was permanent and when the machines rebooted, it was back to normal aka Computer #1 had full visibility and #2/ #3 only had a single computer visible in the network. I have been unable to reproduce this since.

Why is this happening?

Could this be IP address related? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance for the support.

:)

SubjectDelta, Jun 14, 2020

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jun 14, 2020
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network :)

FLY3R, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network

My computer is not visible on network

Resetting the network settings may help reconfigure settings that may help resolve the issue. Since the issue still persists, we suggest checking the Advance sharing settings if network discovery is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings in the left pane.
    • Under the Private section, make sure that Turn on network discovery is selected.
    • Click Save changes.
    Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network

1. Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network - Similar Threads - Inconsistent computer visibility

2. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  3. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  4. Inconsistent Computer Visibility Across Win10 Network

Inconsistent Computer Visibility Across Win10 Network: Hello all. I have three computers, let's call them A, B, and C, As much as possible, they are set up identically. But clearly, something isn't.Searching the internet is yielding some good answers, but also a lot of obsolete ones. So let's call this the Aug-2021 edition of...
  5. No computer detection on wired network

No computer detection on wired network: I have a household network that is hard-wired; the wireless is only for hand-held devices. I've been experiencing an issue lately where my wired desktop stopped detecting or being detected by the other computer and drive on the wired network but is detecting and being...
  6. Colors displaying inconsistently across apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colors displaying inconsistently across apps.: [ATTACH] Heya, I'm new to this subreddit, so I don't know if someone has already posted about this issue, but I bought a new Dell computer recently, as my old PC's fan died, and I have noticed something about the way it displays colors. It started when I noticed that the...
  7. Inconsistent networking

Inconsistent networking: 1909 18363.778 (both W10 pcs) Home network connecting via workgroup, Wi-Fi and powerline adapters 3 PCs I have had a thread like this before and after a ton of troubleshooting, for whatever reason, everything started working correctly between the W10 PCs (W7 PC was not in...
  8. Network computers accessable but not visible

Network computers accessable but not visible: I've had some issues with my familys network. Some of the computers don't show up in windows network. If I enter the computer's name I can log into it just fine, but unless I manually navigate it doesn't appear....
  9. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  10. my computer is not visible on network

my computer is not visible on network: Hello I have problem with my computer. I can see other computers on "Network", but others can't see me. If I try to connect to other computer i got this error Error code 0x80070035...