Windows 10: Inconsistent error warnings: Errors detected, yet no errors detected

Discus and support Inconsistent error warnings: Errors detected, yet no errors detected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop has suddenly started running CHKDSK during startup. After it completes and finishes booting I go to Properties > Tools > Error Checking of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjfarr, Nov 21, 2016.

1. pjfarr Win User

Inconsistent error warnings: Errors detected, yet no errors detected

My laptop has suddenly started running CHKDSK during startup. After it completes and finishes booting I go to Properties > Tools > Error Checking of my C drive and click “Check”. It says errors were found on this drive and to repair drive now to prevent data loss. I click to run it, the system reboots, I see the prompt to cancel CHKDSK by pressing any key, let it run, the screen remains blank with just the little spinning dots. It finishes (in less than a minute, which is faster than it usually takes) and loads to desktop. I check the C drive properties again and it still says there are errors and to repair.

Running CHKDSK from CMD prompt I get “Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required.” Running a 3rd-party disk checker (Disk Doctor, Tune-Up Utilities) also reports no errors. Yet the properties dialog continues to warn that there are errors.

I can’t be certain when this started. Just noticed this yesterday when I booted up (I don’t usually stick around and watch the computer boot). Windows has all the latest updates/patches. This is an HP ENVY laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

pjfarr, Nov 21, 2016
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

We're glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for with us the steps that made it work for you. Should you ever need some help in the future, please feel free to post in the community forum again.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Liezl Fal Win User

No worries. The moderators will do it for you.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Nov 21, 2016
  4. pjfarr Win User

I believe I solved it.

I booted into the recovery menu and then advanced options. I chose Command Prompt then ran the command CHKDSK C: /F

At Stage 3 it found errors and repaired them:
    Errors in MFT bitmap attribute
    Errors in volume bitmap

Afterwards, booting up and checking the drive status it now reports no errors finally. I guess the CHKDSK procedure didn't detect these errors when running during bootup. The other disk scanners I tried didn't pick them up either. This seems to have fixed it.

pjfarr, Nov 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Inconsistent error warnings: Errors detected, yet no errors detected - Similar Threads - Inconsistent error warnings

2. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi,I'm running Win10, latest updates.I have just done a VMware update and when finished it wanted a reboot.However, after the system has rebooted, I can log in and then after a minute I get the BSoD with the error "PNP Detected Fatal Error".I'm struggling to guess what VMWare...
  3. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi,I'm running Win10, latest updates.I have just done a VMware update and when finished it wanted a reboot.However, after the system has rebooted, I can log in and then after a minute I get the BSoD with the error "PNP Detected Fatal Error".I'm struggling to guess what VMWare...
  4. PNP Detected Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: Hey Guys! Yesterday, Windows did one of its auto updates. When it was done, it came to a Blue screen that gave me the PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR. I get that error about 2 sec after I see my windows logo when I boot up the PC. I have tried literally everything and still...
  6. PNP Detected Fatal Error

PNP Detected Fatal Error: [IMG][IMG]Hi I have HP personal laptop and yesterday I just click on latest update to install and after 1 min it suddently restart my laptop and give ke stopcode error. ERROR was PNP detected fatal error I think Dave replied to my post and I am not able to reply back to...
  7. PNP Detected Fatal Error

PNP Detected Fatal Error: Hi I have HP personal laptop and yesterday I just click on latest update to install and after 1 min it suddently restart my laptop and give ke stopcode error. ERROR was PNP detected fatal error This is first time happened. I don't want to loose my all data so i can't...
  8. PNP detected fatal error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PNP detected fatal error: Hi Resently i have been getting this Error PNP detected fatal error Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ca 0x0000000000000002, 0xffff9e038f3fc040, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  9. PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: My windows 10 updated automatically and now it keeps restarting non-stop. It doesnt even go to the recovery screen at all!! Im at my dead end right now...please somebody help me...i need to do my works... I have tried almost all method i can find in the net... And now it...
  10. HDD error detection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD error detection: My laptop crashed, my message is: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HHD) I can't get a command line what can I do?And I don't no what codes to use when I do get a command prompt. Can you please help. Thank you...