Windows 10: Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating

Discus and support Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Till a couple of weeks back, gaming on my laptop was working smoothly. After a windows 2004 feature update it resulted in inconsistent fps from 60 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harshitb, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Harshitb Win User

Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating

Till a couple of weeks back, gaming on my laptop was working smoothly. After a windows 2004 feature update it resulted in inconsistent fps from 60 to 18 to 56 to 25 etc, while gaming. I monitored the cpu and gpu temps and they stay between 65-75 C. I even tried running the games on lower specs but the games still stutter a lot. All the drivers are up to date, both the graphic and display. The system is also up to date.

Games : GTA V, Fifa 20, Project Cars 2, Watchdogs 2 etc
    It doesnt seem to be a hdd/ssd issue either as i have a couple of games on ssd and even they are facing the same issue.

Also when i update my amd display driver, it actually rolls back to the previous version, which then causes the software to not be compatible with the display driver version. screenshots attached Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating d512a230-f793-49e1-8e4f-b75389925cc0?upload=true.png Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating 6b3d11ea-9560-482b-b584-7ac46af7922c?upload=true.png Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating 3f58e46a-1dc8-4225-b64b-8d9d2e094c6d?upload=true.png

PC Specs
    HP Pavilion 15, RAM: 8 gb; ssd: 256 gb os on this; hdd: 1 Tb
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650
    CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega 8

:)

Harshitb, Oct 16, 2020

2. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

I opened the side of my case and put a normal fan next to it, and it was still overheating. I spoke to my old computing teacher and he suggested that it might be a power supply problem. I have a workaround by capping the games at 30 fps, but with the new DOOM game 30 fps seems to crash the game for an unknown reason, so this workaround is not universal.

sevenfolder27, Oct 16, 2020
  3. zztemp Win User
    GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

Anyone else think this "workaround" is a pretty bad idea ? :-/

zztemp, Oct 16, 2020
  4. maddie_z7 Win User

windows 10 overheating lead to FPS Drop

Here is another exapmple of Overwatch game droped its FPS !! LOW Setiing -30FPS locked -Windowed.

the statistic after FPS drop below 30 to 19FPS do to overheating with late Fan speed performance to cool down the system at 70c (7 min of gaming just)seriously!!

Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating 17d530c0-d0fc-406b-a9b1-c51a0628786b.png

maddie_z7, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating - Similar Threads - Inconsistent fps while

2. FPS in games is falling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS in games is falling: When I start the game, it is working well but if I switch to another window by pressing alt + tabkeys and then go back to the game, the FPS drops to 10-15 and processor and video card temperature drastically increases....
  3. pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?)

in Windows 10 Support
    pc crashes while gaming (due to ssd?): os number: 19041.450 hello everyone, my problem: my pc randomly freezes (usually while gaming) and then restarts itself. my idea would be that it has to do with my ssd. usually when i use cc cleaner and trim my ssd my pc doesnt crash. however, my ssd doesnt trim...
  4. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  5. Game bar inconsistent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar inconsistent?: I can't open the game bar approximately 90% of the time. It's very frustrating since I use game dvr. Anyone know of any solutions to fix? submitted by /u/okegameg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0t9gj/game_bar_inconsistent/
  6. PC Gaming FPS

PC Gaming FPS: Hello, recently I have gotten into gaming on PC and was given a desktop that has a Phenom ii x6 1100t processor 3.3 ghz, a RTX 580 8GB Graphics card, with 12 GB of ram. I'm running a windows 10 OS on an SSD while using a HDD for my main storage. Which I'm told is really good...
  7. Laptop overheating when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheating when gaming: Hi yall! I already update my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when i play some games like Minecraft-Gta V- Gears of war etc... My just go hot like the sun and this is happening after the update, i was playing so good after the update, i already search for fixes so...
  8. Computer freezes and FPS drops while playing games

Computer freezes and FPS drops while playing games: http://prntscr.com/m78poi I'm using the above SSD, with a fresh install of windows 10 home, build 1809, which I switched to after I got this SSD. On idle, my screen will freeze for less than a second, for no reason, and it becomes worse during games, with drops down to 0 FPS...
  9. FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games: I am trying my best to explain, what is my problem. After a several months, i'm having a trouble in games (such as Rainbow Six Siege, CS:GO, F1 2015 etc.). After launching the game, the FPS drops down and the screen starts flashing and flickering. Some games worked while i...
  10. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?: Right now I have an Intel Pentium E6300 on my Eureka3 motherboard, and that's not running BeamNG at all... If I upgraded to a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 I am worried about it overheating constantly, because everyone has that problem. Would it not overheat badly if in a HP...