Windows 10: Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating

Discus and support Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Till a couple of weeks back, gaming on my laptop was working smoothly. After a windows 2004 feature update it resulted in inconsistent fps from 60 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harshitb, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Harshitb Win User

Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating

Till a couple of weeks back, gaming on my laptop was working smoothly. After a windows 2004 feature update it resulted in inconsistent fps from 60 to 18 to 56 to 25 etc, while gaming. I monitored the cpu and gpu temps and they stay between 65-75 C. I even tried running the games on lower specs but the games still stutter a lot. All the drivers are up to date, both the graphic and display. The system is also up to date.

Games : GTA V, Fifa 20, Project Cars 2, Watchdogs 2 etc
    It doesnt seem to be a hdd/ssd issue either as i have a couple of games on ssd and even they are facing the same issue.

Also when i update my amd display driver, it actually rolls back to the previous version, which then causes the software to not be compatible with the display driver version. screenshots attached Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating d512a230-f793-49e1-8e4f-b75389925cc0?upload=true.png Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating 6b3d11ea-9560-482b-b584-7ac46af7922c?upload=true.png Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating 3f58e46a-1dc8-4225-b64b-8d9d2e094c6d?upload=true.png

PC Specs
    HP Pavilion 15, RAM: 8 gb; ssd: 256 gb os on this; hdd: 1 Tb
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650
    CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega 8

:)

Harshitb, Oct 16, 2020

2. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

I opened the side of my case and put a normal fan next to it, and it was still overheating. I spoke to my old computing teacher and he suggested that it might be a power supply problem. I have a workaround by capping the games at 30 fps, but with the new DOOM game 30 fps seems to crash the game for an unknown reason, so this workaround is not universal.

sevenfolder27, Oct 16, 2020
  3. zztemp Win User
    GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

Anyone else think this "workaround" is a pretty bad idea ? :-/

zztemp, Oct 16, 2020
  4. maddie_z7 Win User

windows 10 overheating lead to FPS Drop

Here is another exapmple of Overwatch game droped its FPS !! LOW Setiing -30FPS locked -Windowed.

the statistic after FPS drop below 30 to 19FPS do to overheating with late Fan speed performance to cool down the system at 70c (7 min of gaming just)seriously!!

Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating 17d530c0-d0fc-406b-a9b1-c51a0628786b.png

maddie_z7, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Inconsistent fps while gaming, and not due to overheating - Similar Threads - Inconsistent fps while

2. FPS in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS in game: I noticed that compared to Windows 10 I have performance problems, do you have any tips on how to increase FPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-in-game/3ae2f4f2-ff2e-4e3e-825b-084cc4d74379
  3. FPS in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS in game: I noticed that compared to Windows 10 I have performance problems, do you have any tips on how to increase FPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-in-game/3ae2f4f2-ff2e-4e3e-825b-084cc4d74379
  4. Sudden drop in fps while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden drop in fps while gaming: So I play this game called VALORANT on my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is about more than a year old and for a few weeks I am experiencing sudden frame drops while playing. It runs fine for a few moments and then again I experience the frame drops. I tried turning off my...
  5. Sudden drop in fps while gaming

Sudden drop in fps while gaming: So I play this game called VALORANT on my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is about more than a year old and for a few weeks I am experiencing sudden frame drops while playing. It runs fine for a few moments and then again I experience the frame drops. I tried turning off my...
  6. Laptop overheated while plugged in

Laptop overheated while plugged in: Laptop overheating while plugged in but it works fine when unplugged..Anyone has any solution for this??Till yesterday everything was fine suddenly this weird problem has occurredThankyou!...
  7. Laptop overheated while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheated while plugged in: Laptop overheating while plugged in but it works fine when unplugged..Anyone has any solution for this??Till yesterday everything was fine suddenly this weird problem has occurredThankyou!...
  8. Laptop overheated while plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. game fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    game fps: HI I have a problem with leageu of legends fps, i have 100 fps but my game feels laggy, like its not 100, and i see alot of screen tearing and stuter, is there a fix for that? Thanks specs i5-8250U Geforce 150mx 8gb ram 1TB HDD...
  10. Game bar inconsistent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar inconsistent?: I can't open the game bar approximately 90% of the time. It's very frustrating since I use game dvr. Anyone know of any solutions to fix? submitted by /u/okegameg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0t9gj/game_bar_inconsistent/