Windows 10: Inconsistent Internet on PC

Discus and support Inconsistent Internet on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a internet connection, displayed by the icon on the task bar and the fact I can post this. However it isn't working on all applications, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swainez, Mar 16, 2020.

1. swainez Win User

Inconsistent Internet on PC

I have a internet connection, displayed by the icon on the task bar and the fact I can post this. However it isn't working on all applications, and those it does work on it is slow/inconsistent. The internet service its self is fine, working on other devices. At first it started as a once a week event, but now its the norm.

Wifi adapter in use: TP LINK T2U NANO. Tried reinstalling drivers, running windows troubleshooter, changing ports.

Speedtest and no internet message in spotify:

Inconsistent Internet on PC 894653a2-26c2-4eb2-842d-37075a1c12c1?upload=true.png

:)

swainez, Mar 16, 2020

2. Internet Connection Inconsistent

Recently, my wireless internet connection on my laptop has been very inconsistent. It will stay connected for a little while and then will almost always disconnect. It will usually connect and disconnect a lot while I am internet browsing and doing normal
    things. When I try to reconnect, it will say that it I am unable to connect to the internet even when it detects my network. How can I make the internet connection consistent and how can I fix this issue?

things I have already tried and looked into:

• I have restarted my computer
    • I made sure that other devices can easily connect to my network and stay connected (they can all connect)
    • I have updated my network adapter
    • I have rolled back to a previous driver of the network adapters and reinstalled the most recent driver
    • I have tried using the windows network troubleshooter (brought me here after not working)
    • I have used system restore to revert to a time when my internet worked (didn't work)
    • I have opened my computer and made sure that my Intel dual band wireless-N 7260 is plugged in
    I'm thinking that maybe it is a background service or something that is causing this issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ninjakiller35, Mar 16, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Inconsistent Internet on PC

windows 10 the extended attributes are inconsistent

Hello,

I would suggest you to try the below step and check if it helps.

DISM:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Inconsistent Internet on PC

1. Inconsistent Internet on PC - Similar Threads - Inconsistent Internet

2. Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10: Whenever I plug in my speakers or my headphones into my PC, front or back ports, the ports end up... finicky. I have to turn the jacks just so to get stereo and full audio quality. The worst of it was last night, where not only do I need to turn it to the right position, it...
  3. Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10: Whenever I plug in my speakers or my headphones into my PC, front or back ports, the ports end up... finicky. I have to turn the jacks just so to get stereo and full audio quality. The worst of it was last night, where not only do I need to turn it to the right position, it...
  4. Inconsistent Stereo for speakers AND headphones on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand: I've sporadically had an issue with blue screens or restarts but it would be every few weeks or so. I have yet to see any error when doing memory test and several other test for hardware failure. However today instead of using speedfan to check my temperature, I used hardware...
  6. Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand

Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand: I've sporadically had an issue with blue screens or restarts but it would be every few weeks or so. I have yet to see any error when doing memory test and several other test for hardware failure. However today instead of using speedfan to check my temperature, I used hardware...
  7. Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying: Hi, I am experiencing intermittent crashing. Sometimes it happens immediately on startup, a few seconds after Windows loads. When it crashes, it tends to continue to crash repeatedly on restart. Inexplicably after many restarts, it sometimes loads and runs just fine for...
  9. Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying

Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying: Hi, I am experiencing intermittent crashing. Sometimes it happens immediately on startup, a few seconds after Windows loads. When it crashes, it tends to continue to crash repeatedly on restart. Inexplicably after many restarts, it sometimes loads and runs just fine for...
  10. Inconsistent network issues only on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent network issues only on my computer: I’ve started having this problem around a month or two ago. It usually starts with me playing a game. Today it was Tf2 i logged on and joined a game and INSTANT lag. i thought it was just the server i was on so i relogged to no avail. After leaving Tf2 to go and play another...