Windows 10: Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit

Discus and support Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I followed one of the many tutorials that describe how to flip your mouse scroll wheel direction. Like this one. This edit works wonderfully for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheZookeeperGame, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit

I followed one of the many tutorials that describe how to flip your mouse scroll wheel direction. Like this one. This edit works wonderfully for all 3rd-party apps I have installed. However, this fix doesn't work with Microsoft apps.

Works in 3rd-party apps like:

• Chrome
    • Slack
    • Atom

Doesn't work in Microsoft apps like:

• Edge
    • OneNote
    • Windows 10 settings

In addition, when "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" is enabled, the scroll wheel direction will take it's queue from the active window. For example, if OneNote is active and I move the mouse over to Chrome (while OneNote is still active) the scroll direction in Chrome will also be backwards. Conversely, if Chrome is active and I hover over OneNote (while Chrome is active) the scroll wheel direction will be correct (until I make OneNote active). The active window determines the scroll wheel direction.

• Dell XPS 7590
    • Logitech Performance MX mouse (unifying receiver)
    • Windows 10 (obviously)

The inconsistency is killing me but I can't handle the Windows default scroll direction (coming from Mac). Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

submitted by /u/TheZookeeperGame
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheZookeeperGame, Mar 30, 2020

2. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

For those wondering... Since it's not mentioned what Registry Key Damian is talking about, Take a look at the blog post done by Kevin Becker called

Reverse Scrolling on Windows 8
    . This will give you reverse scrolling in most applications in windows 10 even though there isn't a configuration option for it in Control Panel > Mouse & Trackpad Settings.

GeneralRedneck, Mar 30, 2020
  3. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

Great answer. Too bad it's not for the question that the OP asked, which was;

"How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS"

ShrykePotPie, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit

1. Inconsistent mouse scroll wheel direction when using FlipFlopWheel registry edit - Similar Threads - Inconsistent mouse scroll

2. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps: The reg edit change to reverse scrolling direction FlipFlopWheel =1 works for all apps except for those "native" Windows 10 apps like "Settings" or those from the Microsoft Store i.e. any apps that have that 'material' design.I also note that when "hover scroll" is active the...
  3. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps: The reg edit change to reverse scrolling direction FlipFlopWheel =1 works for all apps except for those "native" Windows 10 apps like "Settings" or those from the Microsoft Store i.e. any apps that have that 'material' design.I also note that when "hover scroll" is active the...
  4. FlipFlopWheel setting not changing mouse wheel direction in material Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse Scroll Wheel

Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  6. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  7. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  8. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  9. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: I bought a new mouse Jelly Comb MV09F Vertical Wireless Mouse about 6 months ago, and it was working just fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now when I am scrolling up or down, every few "scrolls" it will "jump" in the opposite direction. It happens frequently enough such that it...
  10. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e