Windows 10: Inconsistent network maps

Discus and support Inconsistent network maps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have 4 computers connected to my network, through a TG589vac router supplied by Utility Warehouse. The computers names, OS's and connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevShelGillingham, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Inconsistent network maps

Hi

I have 4 computers connected to my network, through a TG589vac router supplied by Utility Warehouse.

The computers names, OS's and connection methods are:

TOSHIBA-LAPTOP - Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Wireless

DELL-DESKTOP - Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - Cable

PACKBEL-NETBOOK - Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 - Cable

ZOOSTORM - Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 - Cable

All 4 machines are set to the same workgroup.

However, when I click on Network in File Explorer the results are different depending on which machine I am on, viz

The Toshiba and Dell show only PACKBEL & ZOOSTORM, whereas both the Packard Bell & Zoostorm show all 4 machines.

Can anyone help with a solution please (BTW Up until recently I wasn't a problem as they all linked through my Homegroup, which no longer appears to be available in Windows 10)

:)

KevShelGillingham, Jul 5, 2018
  2. richnich Win User

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

richnich, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Map Network For Program with Clients

In order for your computers to have a successful file-sharing, a Homegroup is recommended. We also suggest that you do the following network commands found on this

link
    . And to make sure you are properly mapping the network drives across your computers, please follow the steps provided on this article:

Map a network drive.

Please keep us posted.

Nick Dich, Nov 11, 2018
  4. CraigS Win User

Inconsistent network maps

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Inconsistent network maps

1. Inconsistent network maps - Similar Threads - Inconsistent network maps

2. network inconsistency and connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network inconsistency and connection issues: recently my laptop has been bsod'ing with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION , around this same time it also started having these weird spikes in network throughput. these spikes cause slower download speeds , massive lag spikes, and massive inconvenience. i havent heard...
  3. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  4. Inconsistent networking

Inconsistent networking: 1909 18363.778 (both W10 pcs) Home network connecting via workgroup, Wi-Fi and powerline adapters 3 PCs I have had a thread like this before and after a ton of troubleshooting, for whatever reason, everything started working correctly between the W10 PCs (W7 PC was not in...
  5. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  6. Network Adapter Inconsistency Issues

Network Adapter Inconsistency Issues: Dear Community So, recently, despite all other devices being functional, and able to connect to connect to my router perfectly fine, my computer (old win10) rarely ever gets more than a single bar, and often disconnects entirely, saying it's unable to detect any...
  7. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Map A Network Loction

Map A Network Loction: I was mapping a network location I got as far up as the password because I put my password in but then it said "The specified network password is incorrect" when it is the correct password. Windows 10...
  10. Network Share Inconsistency - Strange

Network Share Inconsistency - Strange: I have a home workgroup with a cable modem, router, and two computers, call them A and B. A has a network share, which used to be visible on the network to computer B. A few months ago that stopped working. I checked the network settings on both computers (tcp/ip...