Windows 10: Inconsistent networking

Discus and support Inconsistent networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1909 18363.778 (both W10 pcs) Home network connecting via workgroup, Wi-Fi and powerline adapters 3 PCs I have had a thread like this before and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisPbass, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Inconsistent networking

1909 18363.778 (both W10 pcs)

Home network
    connecting via workgroup, Wi-Fi and powerline adapters
    3 PCs

I have had a thread like this before and after a ton of troubleshooting, for whatever reason, everything started working correctly between the W10 PCs (W7 PC was not in the picture), so file sharing and all that is active. It's a private network.

1 is W10base (hosts necessary files)
    2 is W10 workstation
    3 is W7 workstation (yes i know, not supported etc...)

1 is on wifi
    2 is on powerline
    3 is on wifi

1 and 2 can see each other and share etc...
    2 and 3 can see each other and share etc...
    3 cannot see 1 at all, though it could for a brief period *Rolleyes

Turning off malwarebytes does not help

One of the weird things is that PC1 doesn't show itself in network.

I can't ping 1 from 2 but I see it in cmd;Ipconfig arp -a

:)

ChrisPbass, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Inconsistent networking

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Inconsistent networking

1. Inconsistent networking - Similar Threads - Inconsistent networking

2. Inconsistent network issues only on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent network issues only on my computer: I’ve started having this problem around a month or two ago. It usually starts with me playing a game. Today it was Tf2 i logged on and joined a game and INSTANT lag. i thought it was just the server i was on so i relogged to no avail. After leaving Tf2 to go and play another...
  3. Inconsistent network issues only on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inconsistent network issues only on my computer: I’ve started having this problem around a month or two ago. It usually starts with me playing a game. Today it was Tf2 i logged on and joined a game and INSTANT lag. i thought it was just the server i was on so i relogged to no avail. After leaving Tf2 to go and play another...
  4. Inconsistent network issues only on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Inconsistent Computer Visibility Across Win10 Network

Inconsistent Computer Visibility Across Win10 Network: Hello all. I have three computers, let's call them A, B, and C, As much as possible, they are set up identically. But clearly, something isn't.Searching the internet is yielding some good answers, but also a lot of obsolete ones. So let's call this the Aug-2021 edition of...
  6. network inconsistency and connection issues

network inconsistency and connection issues: recently my laptop has been bsod'ing with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION , around this same time it also started having these weird spikes in network throughput. these spikes cause slower download speeds , massive lag spikes, and massive inconvenience. i havent heard...
  7. Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network

Inconsistent computer visibility across wired network: Hi, I have a 3 machine home network with all computers plugged directly into the router via ethernet cables. Computer #1 is running Windows 10 Home. Computers #2 and #3 are running Windows 10 Pro. On Computer #1, when viewing network devices in Explorer; all 3...
  8. Inconsistent Code 10 Error on Wifi Driver: Multiple Attempts at Network Resets,...

Inconsistent Code 10 Error on Wifi Driver: Multiple Attempts at Network Resets,...: I bought an MSI Stealth GS65 (15.6in) laptop ( Driver: Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 ) about two weeks ago. One week after purchasing this laptop, I came home from school (where I connected to the wifi just fine) to find my laptop unable to detect any wifi networks in the area and...
  9. Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro,

Inconsistency sharing folders on home network. W 7 Pro & W 10 Pro,: I have been able to setup folder sharing on my Mi-Fi home network. Internet works on all devices connected. I want to be able to share between all four of my Windows laptops. Two on W 7 and two on W 10. Other devices including my wife's laptops do not require sharing...
  10. Network Drive shared folder inconsistency

Network Drive shared folder inconsistency: Hi MS Community, I'm totally new to Network Drive or any kind of sharing drive world, I have a lot of questions to ask but here I want to be specific. So, some IT guy set up a network drive for my company and there're a crash few weeks ago. After restore from...