Windows 10: Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10

Discus and support Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To set the scene, I've been using Windows 11 on and off since it was available through the Insider program, and have cycled through multiple fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CeruleanChickenWing82, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10

To set the scene, I've been using Windows 11 on and off since it was available through the Insider program, and have cycled through multiple fresh installs since it's official release. I've had it running on my main desktop with a Ryzen 5600X and GTX 1080 on an MSI X570 board with the latest BIOS. Even before the patch that fixed performance for Ryzen-based systems, using it wasn't a completely terrible experience. And ever since the patch was released, it's been performing as expected for the most part, and I haven't encountered many problems.That said, the one issue that has remained constan

:)

CeruleanChickenWing82, Jan 20, 2022

2. window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10

Windows 10 slow performance on Video playback

Hi Mike,

Network strength is one of the factors that you need to consider when playing online videos. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are you playing online videos or local video files saved on your device?
    • If you're playing online videos, have you tried using a different browser? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?
    • If you're playing local video files, which video player app are you using?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?

If you're paying local video files, your PC performance can affect the capability of your device. You can improve this by performing the steps provided on this
    support article
    . Click on the drop-down button to view the steps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10

1. Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Inconsistent video playback

2. Windows 11 low performance on 10bit HEVC Video playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 low performance on 10bit HEVC Video playback: Before replying, please do not ask me to install VLC or any codec pack. I have installed the HEVC codecs from Microsoft Store, the 0.99 cent codec pack. As far as I can tell, windows still can't open Canon's H265 video files, 4K HEVC 10bit 4:2:2.The performance is bad even...
  3. Windows 11 low performance on 10bit HEVC Video playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 low performance on 10bit HEVC Video playback: Before replying, please do not ask me to install VLC or any codec pack. I have installed the HEVC codecs from Microsoft Store, the 0.99 cent codec pack. As far as I can tell, windows still can't open Canon's H265 video files, 4K HEVC 10bit 4:2:2.The performance is bad even...
  4. Windows 10 video playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 video playback: All videos I play stutter. Meaning they rapidly play/pause. This happens in youtube, rumble, windows media, and all other players. Same issue in all browsers I've tried.My display settings seem on point. Refresh rate is correct.I've fully updated windows 10.I've re-installed...
  5. Windows 10 video playback

Windows 10 video playback: All videos I play stutter. Meaning they rapidly play/pause. This happens in youtube, rumble, windows media, and all other players. Same issue in all browsers I've tried.My display settings seem on point. Refresh rate is correct.I've fully updated windows 10.I've re-installed...
  6. Windows 11: Inconsistent video playback performance compared to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Inconsistent video playback performance compared to Windows 10: I've been using Windows 11 on and off since it was available through the Insider program, and have cycled through multiple fresh installs since it's official release.I've had it running on my main desktop with the following specs:AMD Ryzen 5600XMSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI...
  7. Windows 11: Inconsistent video playback performance compared to Windows 10

Windows 11: Inconsistent video playback performance compared to Windows 10: I've been using Windows 11 on and off since it was available through the Insider program, and have cycled through multiple fresh installs since it's official release.I've had it running on my main desktop with the following specs:AMD Ryzen 5600XMSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI...
  8. Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent video playback performance in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10: To set the scene, I've been using Windows 11 on and off since it was available through the Insider program, and have cycled through multiple fresh installs since it's official release. I've had it running on my main desktop with a Ryzen 5600X and GTX 1080 on an MSI X570 board...
  9. No video playback with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No video playback with Windows 10?: Hello, I can't play back videos after today. Be it the ZDF/ARD Mediathek, Facebook or my video in the files, nowhere to play it. With Firefox nothing works with Chrome already. Thanks for your answer in advance!...
  10. video playback on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video playback on windows 10: I just updated my windows 10 to try and fix my video playback but it did not help what can be done to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-on-windows-10/bb917597-7f82-4762-b027-f930f5e006c3