Windows 10: Incorporate ASUS factory recovery image into a bootable install media

Discus and support Incorporate ASUS factory recovery image into a bootable install media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased 3 ASUS Vivobooks for an organization I am helping out. They came with W10 Home but I formatted the OS partition and installed W10 Pro on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by metafizik, May 18, 2019.

1. metafizik Win User

Incorporate ASUS factory recovery image into a bootable install media

I purchased 3 ASUS Vivobooks for an organization I am helping out. They came with W10 Home but I formatted the OS partition and installed W10 Pro on them. Two of them are fine but the touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 on one and I have not been able to get the ASUS driver to install. I've spent too much time on this so I've decided to (hopefully) restore W10 Home. I have used a professional partition tool and the recovery partition is intact and I have in fact copied it to a USB drive. The F9 function at boot doesn't work. It could be I just need to modify the boot record to be able to use F9 to get to the ASUS recovery tool or if not I'm thinking I should be able to make a bootable USB and use the factory recovery image to restore the laptop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This site is an excellent resource BTW as I have read several of the excellent tutorials and forum threads and there are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks here.

Best Regards, ~

:)

metafizik, May 18, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 18, 2019
  3. ArminZero Win User
    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working

I will try to create a recovery bootable flash usb using asus backtracker, i'll update you.
    One question: can i create a bootable partition with recovery content? without using usb flash?

i mean apply install.wim with imagex to a new partition

ArminZero, May 18, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Incorporate ASUS factory recovery image into a bootable install media - Similar Threads - Incorporate ASUS factory

2. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  3. Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable installation media not detected in BIOS ASUS: Hi, I have an old ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP401MAR from 2021 that came with Windows 10. I want to sell it to get an Android tablet. But since I installed ChromeOS Flex on I had to reinstall Windows 11 via the BIOS. But when I use my Rufus Created USB Flash Drive with UEFI...
  4. Windows Installation or Recovery Media.

Windows Installation or Recovery Media.: We have been struggling to reset one of our devices that is currently running on WINDOWS 10.What have we done:- We have went to our settings, RECOVERY > RESET THIS PCHowever there is a ERROR that pops up for us saying "Insert your Windows Installer or Recovery Media. And try...
  5. Windows Installation or Recovery Media.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installation or Recovery Media.: We have been struggling to reset one of our devices that is currently running on WINDOWS 10.What have we done:- We have went to our settings, RECOVERY > RESET THIS PCHowever there is a ERROR that pops up for us saying "Insert your Windows Installer or Recovery Media. And try...
  6. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  7. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely: I am trying to download a Installation Bootable Media using the Media Creation tool on my USB flash drive, however every time I try it never downloads completely. I have used two different 8gb USB flash drives and a 16gb USB flash drive. Whenever I use the two different 8gb...
  8. Installation Bootable Media Not Downloading Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to Create the bootable “Recovery” media.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Create the bootable “Recovery” media.: How to Create the bootable “Recovery” media. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-the-bootable-recovery-media/29938644-6b72-435d-a4cb-d3593c349769
  10. Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootable Media: Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about...